Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 08:55:53 PM

Author Topic: need help  (Read 3358 times)

need help
« on: January 07, 2007, 08:55:16 AM »
hi, im building a cnc machine from scratch im using mach3 software and have no previous expierience of cnc atall although ive been using the programme alongside autocad and some other programmes. today i tried connecting the motors to the pc to test them while i ran a job supplied with mach and they didnt seem to work, i lost motivation after seeing the motors dont work and tried numerous things to get them working please help!!!

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
OK,

run through what you have done so far, what you have connected and where, what the hardware is and what you set up in Mach.

If you do this we can help.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 10:37:47 AM »
 Hi Graham,
Sorry if this reply is clumsy, I installed mach3 onto the computer, connected a stepmaster 4axis model sob-2b with x,y, and z motors attached. then tested a job but it failed to work, i think my configuration of mach3 maybe wrong for the port and pins or maybe my whole configuration is wrong 

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:31:29 PM »
In the stepmaster docs it will tell you the pins that drive each motor step and direction and also which pin if any enables the motors these have to be set up in ports and pins in mach.

see if you have this detail and let us know.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 01:15:29 AM »
we got them to work thanks very much for your help :)