Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 11:02:47 AM

Author Topic: first project on new router  (Read 4395 times)

first project on new router
« on: June 09, 2012, 07:32:45 AM »
thought i'd post my first job on this new router i got. its 32 in. long and 7.5 in. tall oak. 1/4 in ball for the rough cut and 1/8 in. ball for the finish cut.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: first project on new router
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:06:26 AM »
Very nice job tjstamp.

( I wish my first job had turned out as nice as yours  :D )

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »
thanks. took a few hours but it was fun. had only 2 days to finish it. its going to my son and daughter-in-law as a going away gift. they are moving to tenn. so i thought this would be nice for them to hang their hat in the new house.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 12:36:20 PM »
I wish my first job had turned out as nice as yours
No kidding! I think that the city dump denied my first piece.
Good job indeed!
I am definitely no master in woodworking, as metal is my main interest, but you might get a sharper detail by using a wood that has closed or small pores in it.
Thanks for sharing your work, we hope you post more.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:16 PM »
thanks again for your comments. the wood is a factor in which i plan on exploring. i have always (30 plus years) machined all types of metals being a toolmaker, i just find myself being to picky in the detail and finish of a job. i was told about a saw mill in my area and i think i need to go check it out. this piece was red oak but i hear alder(sp) is great for machining. any info would be great.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 10:36:51 PM »
Very nice piece of work!!!  My first one was so bad when I through on the fire I think it put it out!!!!  You may want to try some cherry if your looking for a very dense wood.  Like you, metal is my specialty and working with wood has been a whole new experience.  Keep up the good work!!!