Hello Guest it is January 22, 2020, 11:18:57 PM

Author Topic: Coolant On at start up  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Quin

•  34 34
    • View Profile
Coolant On at start up
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:33:20 PM »
when I initially start Mach3 and X home or Z home limit is made (2 axis machine), both mist and flood coolant comes on??

Quin

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,099 8,099
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Coolant On at start up
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
Hi Quin,

It is usual to have Mach turn off all outputs (as a safety precaution) when a stop is encountered. Perhaps changing the active state (High / Low) of the outputs you use for these functions may be the way forward (reconfiguring the logic switching of the connected devices).

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.

Offline Quin

•  34 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:00:13 PM »
Thanks Tweakie,

Further details on the problem:

I load Mach3.  If either X home or Z home limit is active, the flood and mist are energized after about a 2 sec delay.  They can only be turned off by moving the X or Z on to the overtravel limit.  When I come off the overtravel, they come back on. when I come off either home limit they stop.  If I cycle the overtravel a couple of times, the problem clears and I can run a program normally with out further problem.

If I shut down Mach3 and restart,  the problem returns.

Is this possibly a known bug in Mach3?

Offline BR549

•  6,923 6,923
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »
I think you may have the coolant setup with the same ports/ pins as the limits or homes. Check your config.

Just a thought(;-) TP