Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:41:19 PM

Author Topic: what pci card and driver with old server Please?  (Read 2629 times)

what pci card and driver with old server Please?
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »
Could some one tell me a good pci card and driver with mach 3?, I'm running xp ,I picked up an old server and need to add a parralell port card, some say a bascic driver is better, any one got one for a net mos? Thanks
Re: what pci card and driver with old server Please?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
Thanks, I went to 4cncpc.com, got a 9800 series . Afeter searching for a long time, I have come to the coclusion that most will "work,", but you dont need a 3 ring circus at the driver. Not beeeing able to pull a rational conclusion from the diverse post, I figured they wouldnt be selling it if it dont work.
Probably dont make enough on it to deal with the support woes of people trying to do the impossible, or not do ing the possible.over a $ board.
they recomend a windows driver, most post dont.But they were old posts, so maybe the buggs out. Most post recomend the smallist driver file possible from the netmos site, I'll try that first.
on my way to mach 3 blis with a dedicated server and a clean install, and the correct driver for the parralel port card, Please tell me it's possible....Thanks for the reply, Shortdog
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:17:09 PM by shortdog »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: what pci card and driver with old server Please?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »
The best cards I have found AND the fastest data transfer rates are the LAVA brand cards. 

Just a thought, (;-) TP