Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:19:44 PM

Author Topic: need help with mach3 geckodrive deepgroove1  (Read 3058 times)

need help with mach3 geckodrive deepgroove1
« on: May 19, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »
hope someone can help me, I have a taig 2019 with geckodrive g540 controll I purchased from deep groove1 a couple months ago and I finally got time to set it up. I installed mach 3 , loaded the g540 xml and my license. I fought through most of the problems but now im stuck. under ports and pins all the drives have numbers 2-9 listed. the x axis will move but only one direction(will move with either jog key just in same direction), the z axis key makes the y axis jump around and the y axis jog keys do nothing. I have been running and programming haas funuc etc. machines for 15 years so I know about cnc's but this thing has got me so frustrated im about to sell it, any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Re: need help with mach3 geckodrive deepgroove1
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:39:33 AM »
alright I have all the motors moving but they will all only move in the positive direction no matter if Im jogging it or running a program even if it thinks its moving negative it is actually still moving in the positive direction

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:09 AM »
Either you dont have the correct Direction pins set or the wiring is not correct/loose.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:04:36 AM »
the only pins that have numbers in them step pin and direction pin, you will have to forgive me this is all new to me i have never used mach3 or a parallel port for cnc, the step pin and dir pin are the only things that have numbers in them, I dont understand how it would know which way to go with only one dir pin number for each axis.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
The Dir pin works by either having 5v on it or 0v. If there is 5v the motor will turn one way, 0V it will turn the other.
If you have a volt meter you can test  by connecting the meter between one of the Dir pins and Gnd then jogging the axis that is set to that pin. You should get 0v one way and 5v the other.
If you can take a pic of your machines wiring it may help find a problem.
Hood