Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:57:13 PM

Author Topic: MaxNC 15CL configuration problem  (Read 3824 times)

MaxNC 15CL configuration problem
« on: September 07, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
Hello,

I am a CNC newbie that recently purchased a MaxNC 15CL. After searching the forums, I downloaded a XML file that I eventually got working. Almost.

I am having problems homing the machine. The z-axis appears to home correctly. However, the y and x axis do not travel all the way to the home switch. Instead, they move an inch or two and then stop, or trip the circuit breaker.

All of the home switches share a pin (12) and I thinkt there may be a problem with the z-axis not moving far enough off the home switch and the x and y axis then falsely believing they are homed. My reasoning is that I when I manually trigger the home switches (press and release), it appears to function correctly. After searching the forums, I tried changing the debounce interval to 2000 without much success (it did work once).

I have attached my XML file in the hopes that someone can see something I missed. For what it is worth, the homing function seems to work with the MaxNC software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MaxNC 15CL configuration problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
As far as I am aware when you enable one of he Max modes hen you hae no contol over Pors and Pins setings so itis unlikly o be an issue with your xml.
That would to me leave noise or vibration as the issue.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
Makes sense. Do you know if it is possible to increase the distance that the axises back off the switches?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »
Only way is to edit the code in the Refall button to make the extra move after homing.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:24:53 PM »
Thanks Hood,

If my problem is an axis that was already homed erroneously triggering a homing switch and therefore causing another axis to think that it too was homed, would I be better off just using these switches as limit switches and manually homing the machine to a point that is close to the limit switch?

Chris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 04:48:31 PM »
I would say you would be better off getting better switches that have a snap action.
Hood