Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:27:59 PM

Author Topic: m03 floating head programing  (Read 27168 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: m03 floating head programing
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »
hIYA Ian I was just pulling your leg(;-).
I knew that  ;D

The G28.1 method uses a % of rapid as defined in Config/homing. It IS adjustable.
In the SECOND stage yes - but the guide says the FIRST stage is done at FEEDRATE - which it isn't - it's done at 100% RAPID.

Also with the G28.1 function there IS a waypoint feature. With this you can direct the Z to move to the way point at rapid then finish the function at home speed.
That's what I'm saying

With Plasma you are rarely anywhere but a  0.100 " or so off the top of material at any time.
Well I'd say that depends on what you're cutting and how much it's warped/may warp upwards for whatever reason - but anyway let's say 0.1 is OK

So I just do

G28.1 Z.500   That sends the Z UP to .500 at rapid as a SAFEZ and then resumes the Home function at the preset speed I have defined.
I don't get this bit. If 0.1 is safely above the material why would you send it further up before coming down again - seems a complete waste of time to me with no benefit.

I use SafeZ as .500 as it is not safe to go zooming around the thin guage material as it warps and there may be kickups hidding that will tear the torch right off the head IF you are just skimming the top of the material.
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow but a minute back you seemed to be saying 0.1 was safe.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:37:14 AM by stirling »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »
HIYA IAN, That.080-  .100 is where the torch spends most of its time when cutting. While it is cutting  the THC does a decent job of regulating the height on warped steel. AS compared to milling where you could be all over in Z height. SO a simple move UP to .500 as a safe Z is minimal movment BUT it gives the torch a chance to reset the TOM safely. COULD be an old habit to always retract to safe Z before ANY functionmove(;-) I can assure you the short move at rapid to Z.500 is not wasting much time and the G28.1 is running at %80 of rapid for the Z .

YES some steels WARP badly when cutting some don't. You can watch the steel warp up when cutting and down as it cools DURING the cuts. USING Scam allows you to use a POST that helps account for warpage by moving the cuts around the table to minimise HEAT build up and warping. We cut anywhere from 20ga to 3/4" plate of various metals. AND that is very wide range for a single table and operator to keep up with. Our auto preset for the THC based on Gcode helps a LOT to keep things striaght settings wise. The OP just has to make sure the OLD torch is set correctly AMP wise and consumables wise. THAT ifo pops up on the screen before each new part is started.

TOO cheap to buy a new modern torch as long as the old one cutts so well. (;-)

I would not consider anything LESS than .500 for a safe Z. AS broken torch couplers at $100 each HAVE proven it is not safe below that point(;-) at least around here cutting guage metals. POPUPS can get you anytime(;-)

AS I remember the G28.1 has ALWAYS did the move to midpoint at rapid speeds and the secondary (homing) move at % of rapid as defined.  WHere does it says the midpoint is done at feedrate? 

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
All I'm saying is if your at z=0.1 then there's no point in doing a g28.1 Z0.5 cos all that will do is raise to 0.5 at rapid and then lower at % home speed until you get switch trip. You might as well have done a G28.1 Z0.1 - that would just do a % home downwards without going up to 0.5 first for no reason whatsoever.

The gcode button in Mach says:

G28.1 Reference Axis

Program G28.1 X~ Y~ Z~ A~ B~ C~ to reference the given axes. The axes will move at the current feed rate towards the home switch(es), as defined by the Configuration. When the absolute machine coordinate reaches the value given by an axis word then the feed rate is set to that defined by Configure>Config Referencing. Provided the current absolute position is approximately correct, then this will give a soft stop onto the reference switch(es).

Wrong!

Ian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
HIYA Ian I see where the confusion is. When I run the G28.1 before the M3 it is already at safeZ .500 as I would NEVER rapid to the next startpoint at pierce hight(;-) A lot of people run Z1.00+ as safeZ JUST to make sure. Then the midpointmove is handy and saves time.

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2012, 04:01:01 AM »
OK - so now we're getting to the nub of the original problem (remember that?).

That's why YOURS works as desired and why the OP's is inconsistant - look at the G28.1 in HIS code. He will only get consistant results if the metal is ALWAYS BELOW Z=0.

Jeez this is hard work  ;D

Ian
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:20:55 AM by stirling »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Darn I had to go back and read the whole thing again. YEP I was the culpret that stared the wrong CODING.

The orginal code I posted for the G28.1 version FOR PLASMA was wrong as written

G28.1 X0

Should have been

G28.1 X0.500

WHich includes the safety move up to  Z0.500.

I work in so many type of machines I forget from time to time which one I am working with.

I get the Dumb Dumb award today, (;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 09:19:25 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Easy there Terry - no need to beat yourself up - you know that's what I'm here for  ;D ;D ;D

Ian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
 ;D ;D  Just because you get up about 4-5 hrs earlier than me . You need to wait until I get a couple cups of Coffee down the hatch.

(;-) TP
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 01:33:46 AM »
 so do i copy past in mt edit scipt and put it in the auto tool cange or where just making shure
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »
ok i am new to the plasma so i put these codes in my mach in tool change and it all works but i need to no what soft ware to use for plasma i am trying aspire 4.0 but no post p to turn on tourch and shut off when done  any help ..