Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:25:15 AM

Author Topic: Question, hotkeys  (Read 7848 times)

Offline lew

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Question, hotkeys
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:57:16 PM »
Hi:
I'm somewhat new to Mach 3 and learning.
Is there a way to set a hotkey(s) for referencing all home?
How about zeroing a particular axis?
How about moving all to zero?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
LEW

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Question, hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:26:36 PM »
You can assign buttons in screendesigner for all of these. I think you could use an I-pac and assign oem codes. I don't know for sure about the Hotkeys though.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:10:51 PM »
Ref all home should already be set up to use the Home button on the keyboard but as Brett says you could use screen4 to asign any key you wanted. If you open your screen in Screen 4 and double click on each button you will get the hotkey that is set up for it. Its in ASCII so you will have to look up a table for the correct key or just keep pressing different keys until you find a match ;) Think there is info in the customising manual on what each hotkey is assigned to.
Hood

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »
For those that have 4th axis, the Home/End keys are used for jogging.

Paul, Central OR

Offline lew

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:16:14 PM »
Ok, thanks for all the replies.
I did take a look at Mach2 screen designer but right now I'm not at my machine. I'm assuming that screen designer is included with my Mach3 software purchase. I'll be looking for it when I'm back at the machine. After looking at the screen designer doc's, I'm even more impressed with the functionality and value a person gets with this purchase. I'm thrilled.
Also, what is "screen4"? You mean the fourth tab over in Mach3? I've played only a small amount with the hot key setting screen but from what I saw, there's limited hot key assignable topics.
Sorry, for my ignorance, I can see I have a lot to learn.
Thanks
LEW

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:57:44 AM »
Screen4  is a standalone, but interelated application. It resides in the Mach3 directory. If not there from installing Mach3, it is available on the downloads page... it's near the bottom in the "Screen Designer" group with other screen related items. And yes, it's part of the goodies we get for the dues we paid.  ;)

Just about any Mach3 button can be assigned a hot key, as long as the hot key(s) is/are not already being used by Mach3 or the Windows OS.

Screen4 is very utilitarian, so it sometimes takes persistence getting things set the way you want them. Most nuances have already been addressed in other threads on this forum. There's a forum subject area just for screens and designing.

Paul, Central OR

Hood

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 05:25:17 AM »
Also want to add that there is a video showing the basics of using screen4 and Benny has done a couple to show how to make buttons and LEDs for use in the Mach screens.
Hood

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 07:39:57 AM »
I always use the keyGrabber, also located in the Mach folder, you can open up the screen designer from there as well. I've set up joysticks and other divices this way.

If you want to know what the Ascii or Keycode I believe the Keygrabber will tell you or this will tell you most of them:
You need flash to view it  ;D

;D You'll have to click the Flash window once to break the seal to view your key press results  ;D

<a href="http://vileguitars.com/MachFlash/OEM codes/cnc movment.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://vileguitars.com/MachFlash/OEM codes/cnc movment.swf</a>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 07:44:53 AM by zealous »

Offline lew

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 08:29:44 AM »
Thanks once again for all the usefull info.
LEW

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »
Way to go Zealous,
   This will be a nice tool. ;)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!