Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:39:16 AM

Author Topic: Jumbled up letter  (Read 3929 times)

Jumbled up letter
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
I have just built a homemade cnc and loaded the trial version of Mach 3. I went into the text wizard and typed a capital B in Times New Roman. When I ran the program the attached photo is what it produced. What the heck am I doing wrong??? I'm brand new to this stuff and don't know too much! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jumbled up letter
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:17:05 AM »
Does the toolpath look correct on the screen? If it does then likely your Y axis is stalling.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:46:14 AM »
I'm brand new to this stuff and don't know too much! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Help is available but I would strongly recommend that you have read of the manuals and other info for how to do something.
Alll of this is not just plug and play  and one just needs to go through the learning curve.

RICH
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:24:42 AM »
The toolpath does look correct on the screen. I have been reading the Mach 3 manual and trying to digest it, and knew that it would not be as easy as I had hoped for...unfortunately LOL. My Y axis does seem to make an awful noise when it goes the one direction, but runs real smooth in the other direction. I was going to try and take the motor off and test it without any load and then remount to see if there was something with the way it was mounted. I wondered about the Y axis stalling a little bit but couldn't imagine why it would have moved part of the letter that far down. I am also going to try and slow it down to see if that helps, though I don't have it moving to fast now anyway. Thanks for your ideas.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:53 AM »
reduce the Velocity and acceleration quite a bit in motor tuning and see if that helps, if it does then you need to get the optimum by trial and error.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
Thanks Hood, I will do that later on today when I get a chance to work on it. I will certainly post back with what I get! Thanks for your help!!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »
I think the one motor driver is bad. We hooked it up to another motor and it made the same noise in one direction but ran o.k. in the other direction. We took the wiring harness off and attached it to one of the other motor drivers and the motor ran fine. I will post once I get another driver to be able to hook it all back up. I did check the lead screw and that was nice and tight. Thanks for all the help!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »
Got the new driver and still had same problem! Moved the wires to tat motor to another set of outputs and it seems to be working now. It must have been that those outputs were bad??? Oh well, I'm only running 3 axis, so it doesn't matter. Now I just need to figure out all of the software, feed rates, etc. Thanks alot for all of the help and suggestions. I'll keep on reading the other posts and trying to keep on learning!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 03:24:41 AM »
Good you got it  :)
Hood