Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:06:31 PM

Author Topic: How to set up Mach 3 for inches instead of mm  (Read 3706 times)

How to set up Mach 3 for inches instead of mm
« on: May 04, 2012, 09:39:40 AM »

I have the zen 12X12 cnc. I have assembled the machione however I cannot get it to function. I am totally confused with the Mach3 set up and its corrollation to the machine. I am attempting to work with inches but am not sure how to configure the program. Every time I go to the Net,I get different answers and each atempt just causes more confusion. Can someone list the proper steps I should take to properly connfigure the machine. Also can someone indicate the proper wiring configtration for the power sources. Do I need two or three power sources. I would also appreciate if someone can indicate the proper way to wire the limit switches. I am a visual kinesthetic learner and would appreciate any pictures that I can follow.  Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: How to set up Mach 3 for inches instead of mm
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »
For setting up in imperial units you need to do two things, first is go to Config menu then Stet Native Units and choose Inch. Next is Config menu then Motor Tuning and set the steps per unit, Velocity and acceleration to Inch compatible units. If it is all ready set up accurately in metric then just divide the steps per unit, Velocity and Acceleration by 25.4.

Your other questions will depend on what you have so unless you say what hardware you have no one can give you an answer.

Hood