Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:05:35 AM

Author Topic: ATC automatic tool change M6 macro Dynomotion Kflop+Kanalog  (Read 25410 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: ATC automatic tool change M6 macro Dynomotion Kflop+Kanalog
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 06:00:21 AM »
Hi Jerome

In just a couple of pages of code you've managed to make just about every error it's possible to make - so congratulations for that achievement at least. Just a FEW examples:

Incorrectly scoped variables. Variables that are assigned but never used. Variables that are used but never initialised. Functions that do NOTHING at all. Function return values discarded. Incorrect sub and function call syntax. Bizarre comparison of Boolean values. Inconsistent types. Explicit altering of loop control variables and MANY MANY more.

Be afraid - be very afraid - remember Skynet? you may have succeeded in creating the first toolchanger to exhibit artificial intelligence.

Start again - this code is beyond help. Explain the mechanics you have and what you want it to do and I'm sure you'll get help.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:07:16 AM by stirling »
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »
Hi Ian,

I remember Skynet, I'm one of their products... and you probably are John Connor :p
I need to be reprogrammed, without your intervention I'll destroy everything!

I changed the code to something more acceptable.
There are some "not yet used" variables, they should be used for security checks.
I understand why you're afraid...

Code update and comments will follow.

Thanks for your attention,

Jerome

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:53 AM »
I look forward to the challenge.... come tooled up  ;)

Ian