Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:11:21 PM

Author Topic: Down loaded Mach3  (Read 4177 times)

Down loaded Mach3
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »
I downloaded Mach3 based on a technician from zentoolworks. My download is under Mach3 download. I am able to jog my motors and control diretion. I did notice that all tutorials show Mach3 Mill. Will my download still work or must I switch to Mach3 mill. I did notice that my screen does not have the series of dots or the red box. Must I uninstall and start again or is there a simple switch. I would appreciate any help. I also went ot test the roadrunner program but somehow turned the folder to Internetexplorer and now cannot open the gcode.any ideas.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Down loaded Mach3
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:06:02 AM »
Not sure what you did......

Download Mach3 from this site, then install it to the default folder, run the driver test, then configure Mach for your router.
You should select MACH3 MILL. You can select what text editor you want to use in MACH via the Tab at the top of the screen
 Config> General Logic Configuration screen you will see Editor, click the browse and select the editor you wish to use.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »
Rich
Thank you. It appears that my machine has functioned with the road runner test. In the event I need to re install, you indicated that I should install from this site, where exactly would that be. I am new to all aspects of the CNC and the software.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
Downloads tab at the top of the forum will take you to the Mach downloads page.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
Thanks I appreciate all the assistance
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 07:02:44 AM »
 Please advise. I purchased my Mach3 license through Zen Toolworks. If I were to reinstall Mach3 through Artsoft,would that negate my license or does it not matter where I downlosad from. When I boot up my Mach3 under Mach3 load the top bar says Zen license# followed by the numbers. the top bar  of the tuitorial say Mach3 application. My screen is not exactly the same as the tutorial- should it be.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 07:23:24 AM »
Your license should work with both just make sure it is in the directory where you installed Mach.
Not familar with Zen Toolworks screen set so can't give you any specific advice and suggest you consult with Zen Toolworks.

RICH
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
I am attemptng to understand this program,however, I am having a very difficult time. I have been watching and listening to the tutorials but to little avail. Is there anyone who has a simplier explanation of the program. In the toolpath mode,how do you jog? How do you calibrate the steps pe unit.If you are using inches, what is the appropriiate number. I am from the Boston area and would appreciate if anyone from the area can show me how to work this program.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
On the toolpath page on the standard screen there is no Jog Control button, that means you can not jog via keyboard from that page. You can however press the Tab key on your keyboard and the flyout screen will appear and you can jog from there. The other option would be to add a Jog Control button to the Toolpath page in the screenset, easy enough to do but maybe a bit daunting for a beginner.

Steps per unit will depend entirely on the hardware you have (Motor type (servo/stepper) Drives etc)

There is also a manual which may be worth downloading and reading, some people find videos easier, others manuals.

Hood
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
Thanks