Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:55:40 PM

Author Topic: i have a problem with rhino cam 2.0 5 axis.  (Read 11274 times)

i have a problem with rhino cam 2.0 5 axis.
« on: April 24, 2012, 08:45:46 PM »
 I baught from mec soft corporation rhino cam 4 axis. Now i want to buy 5 axis rhino cam pro and their asking me about comment for 5 axis because they have to make a special post processor. I dont know what kind of g code for 5 axis their asking me about if i dont have such a program to make this g code. could somebody explain to me what their inquiries are.
Re: i have a problem with rhino cam 2.0 5 axis.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
i have a question if anybody can write me a test g-code for 5 axis mill  table - table

thank you for your reply

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:47:37 AM »
komar,
Show a pic of your machine. Typical Sherline is X,Y,Z axis and A for rotary.
How is 5th axis driven and mounted?
What screen set are you using?

I know nothing about Rhino and have never used a 5th axis. ABC axis are normaly just for indexing / rotary about the XYZ.
Sorry I can't be of more help....surely someone in here can question more appropriately.

RICH
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:34 PM »
These are the questions  that microsoft.com asked me . My machine is with Trunnion Table and has 2 routers If you know the answer please help me

1. 5 axis machine configuration (Head-Head / Table-Head/ Table-Table) --- we know this : Table-Table is your configuration.
2. Information on Primary and Secondary axis.
(For example: A head-head configuration, the Primary axis is about Z axis and the Rotation axis code is represented by the letter "C' and secondary axis is about Y axis, rotation axis code , is represented by the letter "B")
3. G & M code specifications from the controller manual
4. Information on canned cycles for drilling, tapping, boring operations, (G81 - G89)
5. Arc output formats for Circular interpolations (G02/G03),
6. Start and End Block information
7. Tool Change definition  ( I dont have)
8. A sample g-code that has 5th axis output.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:07:10 PM by komar1970 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 04:05:17 AM »
As I said in my PM Scott Schaefer should be able to help you out as Graham Waterworth worked with him on some 5 axis setups and it was a trunion he was using. Scott should be able to answer all your questions and hopefully provide you with some sample code.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:31 AM »
thank hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17:59 PM »
I don't Use Rhino CAM but if your machine is the A axis (rotates the trunion table), along the X axis (or B if it rotates along the Y axis), and your Platter is the "C" since it should rotate around the "Z" axis.  Your "Zero" point should be at the top of your platter in the exact center. 

that is all there is to it. If your talking to someone at Rhino-CAM who cannot do that post processor for you, then ask to speak to someone else.
Or ask on the "Mach Yahoo" group to see if anyone has a post for Rhino-CAM 5 axis (sometimes called a 3 + 2)

Scott
fun times
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
They ask me about this

> 1. 5 axis machine configuration (Head-Head / Table-Head/ Table-Table)/ --- we know this : Table-Table is your configuration./
> 2. Information on Primary and Secondary axis.
> (For example: A head-head configuration, the Primary axis is about Z axis and the Rotation axis code is represented by the letter "C' and secondary axis is about Y axis, rotation axis code , is represented by the letter "B")
> 3. G & M code specifications from the controller manual
> 4. Information on canned cycles for drilling, tapping, boring operations, (G81 - G89)
> 5. Arc output formats for Circular interpolations (G02/G03),
> 6. Start and End Block information
> 7. Tool Change definition
> 8. A sample g-code that has 5th axis

answer  if someone will notice some mistake, correct please

1.) Table - Table
2.) Primary axis I think would be about the X  axis (A) and the secondary axis would be about the Y axis (B)
3.) Standard G and M  codes will be fine. If you need more I have attached a file for you with the G and M codes
4.) See attachment
5.) See attachment
6.) Standard safe startup block will be fine ( "G80 G40 G00 G50 G90" ) at the end of the file you only need to have an M30
7.) Tool change is only the tool number and M6 So to change to tool 5 you would have the following line "M6 T5" . Tool length offsets are activated by doing a G43 H<height register> (Like Fanuc)
8.) I don't have any 5 axis files here but I would be willing to simulate them here to see if there are any problems.  A 5 axis move would be "G91 G0 X 1.0 Y1.0 Z1.0 A1.0 B1.0"

If someone has 5 axis g-code please give me
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
next question mecsoft.com
If there is anyone who can verify this Please help

There is no sample g-code for 5 axis included - is there any where we can find this, we should be able to create a post once we make sure the primary & secondary axis definitions are correct.

When I talked to Peter, I was told  the secondary axis sits on top of primary (X) and rotates 360 degrees.  If this is the case, then when the primary axis is at A=0, the secondary axis rotates parallel to Z axis. (as shown below). I would like to know if this is how the primary & secondary axis are setup
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:56:11 PM by komar1970 »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 06:32:38 AM »
See attached and have a read of the Using Mach3 Mill manual in particular pages 4.1. & 4.2.
You may want to also look about  slaving an axis for info.
Now you can see why I asked what your machine looks like since i doubt very much that you have the equivilant
of a robot or the secondary axis. Depending on how you would mount the rotary and  what you want to do makes a difference. By that i am meaning that in manual programing of say A you can do as you wish somewhat in the code code but if a post processor was being created then it would probably follow convention.  So in you pic the rotary C would be rotating about Z and can't tell if A is also rotary which would be about X . 

RICH
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:56:53 AM by RICH »