Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:51:45 AM

Author Topic: NEED HELP SETTING UP NEWMARK CONTROLLER AND SLIDES WITH MACH3 ETHERNET  (Read 12330 times)

Hello,

I recently purchased two Newmark ET-2000-11 slides and an NSC-G3 motion control box brand-new. Anyways, they say to use Galil Tools software. I need to be able to turn a simple 2D profile into X and Y CNC movements simultaneously so there's really no practical way that we can program them longhand line by line using that software. I see this plugin for Mach3 but I have no idea how or what to do after I load the software and the plugin. Also, the laptop is Ethernet so I don't know if that's an issue too?
  I'm basically starting from scratch.   
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am fluent in G and M coded programming and have been in the CNC Applications field for over 17 years now.

Thanks,

NB
I noticed that the instructions for the Galil plugin state that the file should be a m3p file or whatever. Anyways.....the only file besides a .pdf is a .dll file. If I just copy that into the "Plugins" directory in the Mach3 folder....will that still work?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
You may want to pop the top on the box and see what Board they are using not all Galils will work with the plugin.

(;-) TP
Evidently, it's got a DMC2132 controller card in it. I got it to talk to the slides finally yesterday, but I'm confused one the whole ports & pins configuration page. I downloaded the "User manual" from the Galil website and for the most part, understood everything that it was asking me to do to configure the motors and whatnot. I am just a little confused though in the "Limit \ Home" tab. It shows that All the axis use Port #1 and then it shows what pin #'s to use. Well, on the Mach3 page where you configure that, at the bottom it says that only pin#'s 10,11,12,13 & 15 can be used. If that's the case, then why does the manual tell me to use other ones? There's also a few other things in the same tab I don't understand, but I just want to clarify them one at a time. Any advice or help would be great appreciated.
  You all have already helped me out a ton! :-)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
The person you need to talk to is Steve Murphy (Smurph) He is the Master of the Galil products plugins.

(;-) TP

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
The port and pin numbers in thr PDF manual are correct, you should use them as described. The pin numbers shown in Mach are for the parallel port only, which you won't be using.
Kenny
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
Kenny,

I have the same question.  Where do we assign the port and pin numbers into as well as enable them if not here?   Is there a screen we havn't found?  On the previous (1st) tab were we supposed to uncheck the Port 1 and check:  Max CL  and/orMax NC-10 and/or sherline 1/2 pulse and/or ModBus inputOutput and/or Modbus Pluginsuport and/or TCP Modbus suport and/or Event driven serial control and/or Servo link feedback?
Currently I'm using a DMC-4040 in Manual Data Record Refresh Mode and have the Event Driven DMCCommand box checked. 

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
You need to download and read the PDF manual that is on the Machsopport.com > Plugins > Galil  download page. The correct information regarding setting up Mach3 and Galil controllers are in there. That document should help with your setup questions.
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
Kenny,
Thanks for the quick reply, but if your referring to the pdf at http://www.machsupport.com/plugins/GalilPlugIn.pdf
there is no mention of WHERE to put the pin and port addresses for limits and homes as well as to ENABLE them and choose whether activate low or high. The screen that comes up that does this is only for parallel port use which I'm not using. The only other place that lets me do some of this is the configure plug in menu-> General tab, where you check <Disable amps E-stop>, <use limits for holmes>, <preform axis squaring slaves>, <config limits low>, <config homes low>.  I have these boxes checked accordingly.  I suspect it has something to do with the 1st tab screen Ports and Pins menu where you are to apparently choose Port 1, or port 2, or Max NC Modes. After changing will require a restart. There is no mention in the pdf manual about this  1st tab under pins and ports. Is there a different pdf to read?

The only issue I'm having is for referencing and its not referencing because my limits (homes) are not enabled.  So it runs into a limit and just stops there.  It doesn't back off it and look for the next axis's home/limit switch.  A post (Re: Home switch set up reply #8 by Steve Dec 30, 2010) also explains it well why its needed, just not WHERE to map and ENABLE.

Is there a tab for ethernet communication addressing?
Kenny,

Sorry, poor chooise in wording "ethernet addressing"!  I mean axis mapping and enabling for ethernet connected systems. Thanks for your time.