Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:54:08 AM

Author Topic: NEED HELP SETTING UP NEWMARK CONTROLLER AND SLIDES WITH MACH3 ETHERNET  (Read 5874 times)

Re: NEED HELP SETTING UP NEWMARK CONTROLLER AND SLIDES WITH MACH3 ETHERNET
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
Oh ya.....I just thought of one more thing. The laptop I bought for this only has an ethernet port....no RS232. Is that going to be a major problem? I was reading about some ethernet issues with Mach3 and also something about a "smooth-stepper"??? Is this related to Mach3 not having much Ethernet support? Are they even related?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:03:26 AM »
It is not a serial port you need for Mach but rather a Parallel port (Printer Port) If your laptop does not have one then you would need to use one of the external devices such as the SmoothStepper. I would say to go for an Ethernet Smoothstepper rather than the USB version if you are going to go the Smoothstepper route. There are other devices such as KFlop and even the Poekys has an Alpha plugin that has motion control but the latter is just 25KHz max at the moment.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »
Might be worth noting, the NSC-G series controller uses GalilTools software.
Maybe there is a plugin that is ready to go ?
Might check with K. Krouch over on the Galil board of this forum ?
Just a hunch, might be way off.
Russ
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
Will do Overloaded. Thanks for the info. I've purchased a few high-end CNC machines now, (mill/turn and 4 & 5 axis mills) but I am totally blown away at how much stuff there is out the for the hobby "do it yourself'ers" and the little guys. It's hard to know exactly what to purchase. I'll figure it out though...sooner or later.
Thanks again everyone. :-)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 11:21:39 AM »
Good Point Russ, IF it uses the Galil card that is supported he may be in luck.

(;-)TP