Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:19:48 PM

Author Topic: Problem: Losing position if more than one axis wired up to breakout board  (Read 11633 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Cant see how that would be but if you attach your xml I will see if I can replicate it here.
Hood
Thanks Hood,

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to reload a few things, which I did, but still having the same issue.

xml file is attached...

Thanks again,
Davey Boy.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Does the DRO show the Z moving in the wrong direction?
Hood
I have it setup to move the way it needs to for the process... minus X is toward the spindle centerline and minus Z is towards the chuck.

The xml I uploaded had the mill screen active, since the lathe screen doesn't have enough system adjustments. I am using the v2.0 joypad plugin which allows me to reverse the motion within the settings.

As I noted previously, if I use an MDI command the motion is okay, but the jog to gcode gives it alzheimer's.  ???

Thanks,
Davey Boy.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Not sure I am following, you said if you commanded a X10Z5 move from MDI then commanded a X0XZ0 move, again via MDI, the Z would move the wrong direction but if commanding the Z first it would move correctly.
Is that correct? If so when you command the X0Z0 move via MDI does the Z show the wrong direction in the Z DRO?
Hood
Sorry Hood,

Since I re-installed the software, the MDI commands are working properly.

However, if I use the jog to gcode plugin, the system loses inches in both axis. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you,
Davey Boy.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
So when you are using the Jog to G Code plugin are you moving the axis via your keyboard to jog or is it a joystick or?
Do the DROs show the position its meant to be or do they show the distance the axis has actually moved?
Hood
The jogging is done using a joypad (Logitech).

I noticed this morning that if I move it one axis at a time, everything seems to be okay. If I move both axis simultaneously, which is something I need to do for the teaching process, occasionally there is some growling from the servos. It looks like there may be some lost travel during this growling and the servo drives both kicked a "following error" alarm today during one of these growling sessions. At that point, there was a lot of lost travel.

Davey Boy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Sounds like the first thing you need to do is get the tuning on the servos sorted as they should not be out from commanded position by very much at all or they should trip.
Hood
I'm into the manuals now trying to confirm all the settings. I'll let you know what I find.

Thank you,
Davey Boy.