Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:01:57 AM

Author Topic: PART CNC PART MECHANICAL  (Read 28894 times)

Offline IBBruin

•  13 13
  • Poppa D
    • View Profile
Re: PART CNC PART MECHANICAL
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »
GRAYHILL, do yourself a favor and scrap the TB6560. Remove it from your system and give it a fling out the window. That's about the only thing I've found they're good for. They were junk when I bought mine and they are still junk. If I added up the cost of material I had to scrap because of missed steps, magic smoke, etc coming from a TB6560 board, I could have bought the G540 time and time again.
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
Tried some screwcutting this morning with no luck.
On the auto screen, s true, builds up revs and then drops to zero and yellow bar lights up. X axis goes in but z does not traverse.
In the diagnostics screen output 2 briefly flashes then output one lights up permanently at the beginning of screwcutting.

I have still not got my head round ports,pin,etc.
Is port the main input plug into BOB? As in my set up I am using both parallel and series as main input plugs.
Then I presume the pin is the actual connection within the plug to what??? in the BOB thats where I loose track of setting up the other parameters!!!

I have tried following through the Mach 3 PDF,s but they seem to be for the earlier version of mach. I am on version .62

Any help would be appreciated.

Graham

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 09:21:23 AM »
Are you telling Mach the spindle has started? Do you have Mach set so that the Spindle relays option is NOT disabled?
If you want to attach your xml I will have a look and see if I can find a problem.

Regarding the ports, the connection to Mach that you have is the parallel port (25 pin) the other connections do not go to Mach but instead top your hardware.
Hood
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2012, 09:50:39 AM »
Hood
xml attached
Spindle relays are enabled
Graham

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2012, 11:14:55 AM »
Ok go to config menu , ports and pins, Inputs and scroll down until you see Index, enable it and set it to port 1 and I think you said it was pin 10 you had connected and hopefully it will work.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
Another thing, you have a mill screenset loaded, you will need to load a turn screenset or it wll not work.
If you wanted you could copy the standard mill screenset and rename it with a .lset extension and it would work but when you load a mill screenset it will set that profile as a mill profile.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
Hood
xml attached
Spindle relays are enabled
Graham

Not according to your xml Graham...

Ian
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2012, 01:07:57 PM »
I have two shortcuts on my screen, one to COLCHESTER LATHE and one to COLCHESTERLATHE MILL.
One loads the 2 axis lathe screen and one loads the 4 axis mill screen YET I can only find one .XML profile in C/MACH3.
Does this mean there is one common .XML file for them both?
I will try out your new pin suggestion but tomorrow I am under orders to do some decorating ???
Will report back when I am free :)
In the meantime if you think of anything else especially as regards the first pargraph please let me know.

Graham

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2012, 01:45:27 PM »
Doesnt make any difference what the shorcut is named but it is what the target is that is important. Right click on the correct shortcut and choose properties and then see what the profile name is in the target and that is the xml you want.

Regarding the first paragraph, well not really sure as I am not sure what you are meaning by the yellow bar, also your output flashing and the other lighting will depend on what you are using them for.
Your xml will help so when you can get it I will have a look.
Hood
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »
Hopefully this is the correct one.
Right clicked on shortcut and the target was to mach 3 turn. Knowing that I was able to find the correct XML. I had been looking for the wrong name SORRY FOR THAT
Attached is the right one.

Hood, the yellow bar is on the Auto turn screen under S TRUE
I will get there one day but there may be many more messages before I do.
I start my spindle through the mechanical lever (so old fasioned)
Many thanks Graham