Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 08:27:08 PM

Author Topic: Arduino Firmware for Mach3  (Read 12286 times)

Arduino Firmware for Mach3
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has Arduino working with Mach3, I have hunted high and low with no luck finding Firmware that will work. I am sure there is more than Firmware involved and if anyone knows I hope you can find the time to help me out.
I have a small mill that I would love to make work using Mach3, I don't have plans to run things very fast and have some ULN2003 drivers already.
Thanks for your time. 
Re: Arduino Firmware for Mach3
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
I am using Arduino with Mach3. Using Modbus sketch on Arduino Uno. How do you plan to use Arduino with Mach.

Zafar
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
Hi Zafar,

Do you use a FTDI cable to connect the Rx and Tx pins of the Arduino to Mach3?

Regards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:01:11 AM »
I connect the arduino to the USB port and put the com port no. in Mach which is indicated in the arduino software.

Zafar
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »
I tried that, but I keep getting "Cannot open port" error. Any ideas on why that might be?

Just some background on my project: I need to monitor and control Mach3 from a SCADA program, but I am unable to connect directly to SCADA via modbus, so I want to communicate Mach3 with the Arduino and then send serial data from my Arduino to SCADA.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »
I don't think arduino can communicate on two serial connections at a time. Which modbus sketch are you using on arduino.

Zafar
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 09:33:09 AM »
Correction! Arduino Mega can can have 4 serial communications. I haven't tried it yet. I guess you can run modbus on serial0 and SCADA on serial1. I have experimented so far with Arduino Uno only.

Zafar
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:20:48 AM »
I am using Arduino with Mach3. Using Modbus sketch on Arduino Uno. How do you plan to use Arduino with Mach.

Zafar
sorry it took so long to get back to you, I would like to use mach3 to output packets to the arduino and the sketch on arduino deciphers the packets and outputs to the drivers.
How do I specify the COM port?
How do I start the Sketch for Arduino?