Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:31:14 PM

Author Topic: one input signal, two LED lights in diagnostics  (Read 3256 times)

one input signal, two LED lights in diagnostics
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »
I am puzzled. I have had no issues with the x, y, z switches wired for homing my router. I am trying to add an auto probe tool, and I do have a free input pin on my breakout board.  However, I am puzzled to see that for a long time, my home switch for the y axis, when pressed, lights two diagnostic input lights, while the other input switches light only one diagnostic led light( as they should).  Now that I am trying to wire the probe tool, I have the same problem. I've checked the wiring and there's nothing shorting or abnormal. I've checked the config port/pins table for conflicting pin input settings, and it all looks fine. Yet the "probe" switch still turns on the "y" or M2 home lights.  ( is there something in Mach3 other than the config table that is doing this?)
When I "short" the contact right at the CNC4pc breakout board, I still get the two LED lights coming on. Naturally, one might assume that the breakout board is bad? I am assuming "noise" as the cause, despite my having small capacitors across these input terminals. I am not ready to conclude that the breaout board is defective.
I am hoping that someone has a clue as to the potential cause.  I want to get this auto probe tool working....., but I am reluctant to try it until I have only one diagnostic led lighting up....
tc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: one input signal, two LED lights in diagnostics
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »
Attach your xml and I will see if there is a config problem.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
try to switch X and Y axis limit switches, maybe one is grounded to the machine body.

Jeff
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
Thanks, Hood.
I have a number of xml files. I am not sure which is the one I am currently using. Any way to check from withing Mach3.  I've got production tasks that need to be completed and I am navigating carefully without getting into something that gets me stuck for many hours.

tc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
If you have the standard mill screen loaded it will say lower right what the name of the profile is. You want a file with that name and a xml extension.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
The bottom right corner of the Program Run screen in Mach3 has the profile name. That's the name of the .xml file you want.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html