Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:01:47 PM

Author Topic: Whats wrong with this brain ???  (Read 11175 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Whats wrong with this brain ???
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Macropumps are not a problem I have already been brainwashed in that area(;-) I did build the same thing there to test it hoping to find some BRAINS logic stashed away in CB.

Hopefully I learn something new every day.

(;-) TP

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 07:56:12 PM »
Hey guys

View the image posted....

I tried building a brain based on the previous discussions and I dont understand why this brain is not using a 1 in the multiplication portion instead of 10 . I believe the logic
should be to take the "1" ( because the modbus value is less than the comparison  - which would return a 1 ) and multiply it by the other duplicate modbus value of 10
and calculate a value of 10 ..... not 100. Is this an error in my brain design or an error in Mach ?

or

If anybody  has a "pictoral" image of a brain that does work , could you please post it ?

As always thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
SOunds like it is working RIGHT this time and passing through the MOD values.  Try setting the comparitor to  > rather than < to see IF it returns a Zero .

OR try taking out the second tier of values and see IF it runs with just the top layer thisw time.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »
As a test I am in the .062 version AND the single line pass thru worked just fine, (;-)

I give up, (;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 09:46:08 PM »
I just changed the signs as was suggested and the characteristics of the multiplication process does not change, it still multiplies 10 by 10 ( the modbus inputs, not the results
of the boolean logic and one modbus value) .As for my Mach version, i am using 3.043.022.

Could you post a picture of the brain portion that works for you so I can duplicate what you have to eliminate version issues etc. ?

I am new to brains and I am getting the impression that they are buggy, is this an accurate assessment in your opinion ?
Its really unfortunate that somebody or a team of people wrote the functionality of brains but the available documentation
and lack of brain examples is ashamed it makes them almost a "learn by mistake" or "trial and error" process.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
THe really strange part is it seems to flip flop as to IF it works or not WHEN I restart MACH3.  Some times it works some times it does NOT work.

Beats me, (;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
OK here's a pic of my demo twos complement "converter". Stable here on 3-43-22.

Ian

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 03:15:56 PM »
IT took a while but I found where the work right one time and opposite the next was coming from.

I THINK I had a second brain running that I forgot to turn off. So which ever brain ran last got control over the results.

DUM DUM, (;-) TP
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 06:05:09 PM »
Thanks for the design help ....... but check out what the brain does on my machine - its the same Mach version that you have installed and my
formula does not calculate like yours did. I have no other brains running at this point.

Can you think of any other reasons for this ? my god this is weird

Thanks
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »
Well heres another weird thing, I created a separate brain based on what BR549 provided and it worked as expected. I dont
know if its possible to corrupt a brain or if there are other unknown bugs with the brain functionality , but at this
point I'll chalk it up as a victory .......

I cant say thanks enough , I dont think I would have figured this out without everyone's help.
a special thanks to BR549