Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:51:04 AM

Author Topic: complex turnings  (Read 58904 times)

Re: radius
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 03:37:30 PM »
Chaoticone you have a personnal message

Marcel

ynneb

Re: Re: radius
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 02:29:27 AM »
Fantastic work Marcel,
Yes the tools are just as interesting, and show us your work is legitimate.
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 10:52:47 AM »
Thanks yenned

a couple of the brass cube are real hard to do, you have to hold with jigs and every step has it's own jig and you c'ant have parts moving around while you are machining another part .if you want to see a person do this kind of work google (robert bosco) a master of ornametal turning ,and should be a site visited by all who a facinated by complex turning he shows how it is done.if you want to ask Brian Barker and Art i sent them a small sample for the help they gave me in programming .

Marcel
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »
Yup and it is here on my desk :) Art has his over his desk on a shelf...

Great looking work!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 08:24:45 AM »
Marcel,

Bosco's website is amazing!  And I see you are on his links!

http://perso.orange.fr/robert.bosco/modeleen.htm
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 10:31:42 AM »
Yes Robert Bosco's site is very informative it shows how to do most of is turnings step by step . the turnings he does are 80mm in size , mine are miniature .875 in diameter or square or smaller. some of the walls of my turning are less than .062 thick the attrition rate is quite high.because of the grain invisible check in the wood small knots .How do you hold them, what pressure to put on them so they wont turn in the chuck or to much and they break , on two sides the grain is real strong on the other 4 sides the grain is weak so you have to be careful and plan your work ahead . And the tools well that is another thing they have to be super sharp or the wood burns , then there is the wood some woods contain silica and is hard on tools other are too soft and bend too much and have a lot of other problems you can't see your tool half the time when there inside the cut . It's real pure fun when the part is in your hand and you see all the parts moving with a nice finish.

Marcel Beaudry 

Amnz

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
Thanks Marcel,
  You just answered many of the questions I was entertaining!  I've made miniature furniture ( scale replicas from measurements) and I can attest to the problems you speak of.  Going small presents a whole sea of thought when planning the piece.

Great work you do! And thanks for the link to something extra ordinary!

John (bloy)
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 12:22:36 PM »
If you have questions i will be happy to reply if i don't know the answer some one on the forum could have the answer

Marcel
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
Ho i forgot when you tighten your jigs a sharp craking sound is not something you want to hear LOL ;D

Marcel
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:38:58 PM by marcel beaudry »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »
Guys, let me tell you, these pieces are amazing. I got to see one today. They are so petite. I was almost scared to touch it. I could talk about this for days. It would allways be the same question. How? How? How?

Amazed,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!