Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:55:47 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 parallel port drive  (Read 46551 times)

Mach3 parallel port drive
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:45:10 PM »
Ok I know that when I install Mach3 it ask me if I wanted to install the driver and of corse I said yes. now when I checked for the port address while setting up Mach3 I check to see what driver was install for the port and it said a Microsoft driver was running it. Am I supposed to install the driver myself? If yes how do I do it? I have tried the normal way of looking for the driver and updating it in my device manager, but when I tell it to go to Mach3 folder it wont change the driver. what now?
Safe machining everyone
Re: Mach3 parallel port drive
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »
When I run the driver test it starts up tells me it took over but nothing shows on the screen no pulse per seconds, no graph lines nothing then it says its done. whats that about? I need some serious help here.
Safe machining everyone

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »
The driver does not show up under the port's properties. It's listed in Device manager under Mach3 Pulseing Engine.

Do you have a 64bit OS?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »
Have a look in device manager and see if there is a Mach Pulsing engine listed and then if you expand does it say Mach3 Driver.

When you ran the driver test did you have Mach open?

The driver that Mach installs is not a parallel port hardware driver so dont worry that your port has a microsoft driver installed for it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »
ger21 I have XP 32 bit (desktop), in fact it only has XP, Mach3, Lazy Cam, Norton and the software for my Nvidia card and the wireless card (to keep it updated) Vcarve isn't enen install yet. .   Hood, no I didn't have Mach3 open when I did the test. since I built my machine myself and used an electronics package recommended by the people that made the plans for my machine I have touched base with them on a none movement issue for the motors. they say i should change my LPT cable to the break out board first then see what happens. right now i have set up Mach3 and set my limit switches and motors. when testing the motors in the MIDI tab with G00 x1 I get no movement @ the motors but the program says its moving. at this point I am asking everyone to see what suggestions they have for the non movement of my motors. I have wired everything according to specs and had 2 other people check the wiring to make sure its right, general consenses is that the wiring is correct. as i progress further into this non movement problem i will continue to post the out come good or not. in fact i am heading out to the garage to do more testing and checking. thanks guys. quick question what if Mach3 Pulsating Engine doesn't show up in the device manager?
Safe machining everyone

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
If it is not in the device manager it means the driver is not installed.

Do you have the correct port address set in Mach?
If you attach your xml I will have a look at your config to seeif there is a problem with it.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
ok Hood i will go and get a copy of it from the computer its on. Now ger21 asked if I had a 64 bit computer and I said no. so i went out to the computer used for Mach3 and it says i have " Windows XP Proffessional Version 2002 Service Pack 3". I didnt see anything about 64 bit or 32 bit.  is there some place in particular i should look? testing result at the port pins 1 thru 12 .08 volts pins 10,11,12,13 and 15  4.31 volts pin 14, 16,and 17 .08 volts  pins 18 thru 25 .01 volts. with Mach3 open pins 2,3,4,5,6,7 show no voltage movement when i hit the jog keys but the dro in the MIDI tab show that it sending a signsl. i will go get the xml file you asked for and send it shortly.
Safe machining everyone
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
i went and check my system tools and under system info it says System Type X86 based PC.
Safe machining everyone
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
it doesnt seem to let me attach the machxml file tells me to rename it then tell me i already posted it. in any event it wont let me.
Safe machining everyone
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
oh yea the Mach Pulsating Engine shows up.
Safe machining everyone