Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:51:03 PM

Author Topic: Plasma Torch Relay Problem  (Read 12747 times)

Plasma Torch Relay Problem
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:20:51 PM »
Hello All,
I have managed to get my CNC plasma running by some extensive researching but have hit a stumbling block:

I am trying to get the plasma torch wired in and have decided to utilize the M3 command to trigger the torch and M5 to turn it off (just using those commands since they were demonstrated in the roadrunner example template)

I have wired my plasma torch to a relay via pin 14 on the breakout board.

When I run the program Mach 3 shows the torch triggering but the torch never comes on.

Under config > ports & pins > output signals ...I have 'Digit Trig' configured to port 1, pin 14 and enabled is checked...If I check 'Active Low' It will trigger the torch immediately and never turn it off.

The equipment I am using is:
C1G Breakout board ( http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=49 )
C15 Dual Relay board ( http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=148 )

The hardware seems to be acting ok, it just doesnt seem to be reacting to the M3 / M5 (although mach 3 does seem to be reading the commands as expected)

Please excuse all newb-osity here, but I am happy I got this far :D

Thanks for all your assistance.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Torch Relay Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »
YOU would not use digsignal.  You use output#1-6 select one then assign the port and pin numbers. Next go to spindle setup and select the output# you chose, for the CW selection.

(;-) TP
Re: Plasma Torch Relay Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »
Wow ...and people think Torchmate support is good!

Thank you for the correction, I was in process of editing my original post to correct the statement (about Mach 3 not reading the command as expected) when you replied.

Thanks for your help. I may be cutting parts tonight!