Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:45:29 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 latest download  (Read 3059 times)

mach 3 latest download
« on: October 03, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
Hi
I have a version of Mach3 on my laptop that runs a machine tool just fine. However I have had need to transfer control to a normal PC with a more than adequote spec and I cant get a peep out of the parrallel port its just as if its in Demo mode. I have set the port config to normal AT mode and improved the machines spec according to the update sheet. The only difference is this version of mach 3 was downloded very recently after lockdown. Has the printer driver option been removed from the install page as i dont recall seeing it when installing the most recent download.
Regards
Clive

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 latest download
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 04:10:54 PM »
Dont think there was ever an option during the install for printer port, if there was i dont recall seing it. Maybe what you are thinking of is if you upgrade a version and you have for example modbus enabled, when you fiirst start Mach again you will be asked if you want to run in a few different modes, one being parallel port.

Make sure you have the correct address set for the parallel port, if you swapped over your xml file from the laptop there is a chance it used a different address for the port.
Hood