Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:06:52 PM

Author Topic: And another Hardinge HXL retro fit - by a newbie :)  (Read 13427 times)

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
Re: And another Hardinge HXL retro fit - by a newbie :)
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »
Roo got his HNC running on a Galil :)
Just got a video from him...

Damn all these people racing ahead of me. I'm going to have to play catch up this month!

I wonder why his machine thuds so much on axis reversal.  Maybe got severe acceleration settings.  Not what I'd like though. Hardinges are normally as smooth as silk.

Wayne...
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »
There is a small position problem :( and I think that is what you are hearing We are working on it now :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 01:44:54 PM »
Good news and bad news :)

Hey all, been a while since I was able to pop in here.

The good news is that I stumbled across an auction on ebay where a guy was parting out an old HXL. I picked up the entire computer (with all 18 boards intact), a tail stock, the tool turret, and a bunch of other small pieces for $650. I started swapping out boards and found 3 questionable. She's up and running again :)

Bad news is that it's going to be a while (again) before I learn how to retrofit! I know that in itself is goodnews/bad news, but I was kinda looking forward to it :)

Mark

Hood, if you're reading, my flight plans to England are set and I will be contacting you to get contact info :)
Don't try to outwierd me, six eyes. I get stranger things than you in my breakfast cereal.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 10:59:48 PM »
Good i think it is time for you to get a small lathe to start testing the retro on ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com