Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:30:49 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 and Cutting a Circle  (Read 9201 times)

Mach3 and Cutting a Circle
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
I'm trying to cut a circle and it's not coming out a smooth circle. I did a search of the forum and it looks like most of the time it's backlash causing the problem. I don't think that's my problem here. I believe it's my motor tuning, I can hear the axis not running smoothly. I'm not really sure where I should have my velocity, acceleration, step pulse and direction pulses set to. I can attach an XML file tomorrow if needed.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 and Cutting a Circle
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:48:20 AM »
If you are cutting the circle with GCode created from a CAD program then there is a good chance that the circumference consists of many straight lines and depending on the resolution it could be quite rough and lead to the problem you describe.
Try cutting a circle using the Mach wizard which uses circular interpolation, which is as near to a curve as you are going to get, and see if that improves the situation.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:01:05 PM »
I can try that, but I haven't had this problem on my BP using a different program. This router is new to me and I've just set it up, I'm pretty sure that I do not have my settings optimized.

Offline PCH

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »
I keep get error messages in the circle wizard. No matter what I change I get the Vb error or radius from end of arc differs from radius on line 5
I need a tutorial on these wizards. >:(
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »
I keep get error messages in the circle wizard. No matter what I change I get the Vb error or radius from end of arc differs from radius on line 5
I need a tutorial on these wizards. >:(
Thanks

The error issue is addressed here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,21058.msg146453.html#msg146453

Tweakie.
PEACE