Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:02:05 AM

Author Topic: G-CODE NOT WORKING, JOGGIN IS OK  (Read 2389 times)

G-CODE NOT WORKING, JOGGIN IS OK
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »
Hi There!

I am programming a machine using 4 step motors 1600 oz-in. Two motors are used to move the x-axis, one of them has been slaved (A slaved to X) and I have changed directions in these motors to be consistent with the movement since motors are installed in opposite directions.
After setting all parameters according to the manual, the machine can be moved with the jog smoothly in all three axes and in both directions (+ and -), so everything seems to be working perfectly. Moreover, I have calibrated three axis properly.
However, when I loading G-code from an example motors start failing: One of the motors in the x-axis is not moving at all, and the other one moves OK, y-axis does not move at all, z-axis is working well. Can you give me some advice?

I will appreciate any help on this matter.

Thank You in advance

Intarsica.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:15:02 PM by Intarsicaq4 »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: G-CODE NOT WORKING, JOGGIN IS OK
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:49:43 AM »
Hi Intarsica,

From memory the standard Mach install sets jog rates to 80% of maximum. Try holding down the Shift key and then jog,  if this produces problems then you will need to reduce your Velocity settings by at least 20% in motor tuning for your X and Y axis.

Tweakie.
PEACE