General CNC Chat > Show"N"Tell ( Your Machines)

9x20 Chinese Lathe Conversion

<< < (12/25) > >>

Hood:
Afraid not Dan, I dirst mentioned it to Greg about 3 or 4 years ago when I fitted the servo to the lathes spindle. Then I did the Beaver Mill and it to had the same issues. Next was the Bridgeport with the Scorpion controller and it to has the issue. The Scorpion in fact shares all the niggles the USB SS has for me where the ESS got rid of them all with the exception of the spindle issue and it also reintroduced an old USB SS issue where the pulses would be cut abruptly to the spindle if you pressed stop after a feedhold.
Maybe with you getting the Quad spindle looked at it will make Greg look at his coding but afraid I got fed up asking and waiting.

Hood

Dan13:
Well... hope the quad signal will fix this or as you suggest will get Greg to look into that part of the code.

Hope to have an answer for the quad thing soon.

Dan

Hood:
Fingers crossed it works.
Hood

Dan13:
Got the motors mounted.

X axis motor mounted:

Z axis motor mounted:

I think I mentioned this previously, but just in case: the motors are 400 steps/rev NEMA23 steppers from Keling.

Spindle motor mounted:

It's an 800 watt Parker AC servo motor which is to be controlled by the Ultra 5000 drive just mentioned. The motor is rated at 7500rpm so I geared it down to get more torque. Won't need more than 3000rpm on this machine anyway.

And with the cover in place:

Dan

Dan13:
This is the cabinet with all the components mounted inside and wired:

Buttons caps are not fitted yet. There is one thing that I have already found out about the tactile buttons - they are absolutely not suitable as jogging buttons. After releasing a button it doesn't spring back instantaneously and the axis continues moving for a fraction of a second after the button has been released. Wish I knew this when I was designing the control :(

There are quiet as many components on the back of the door as well (PC motherboard and hard drive) ;)

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version