Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:35:15 PM

Author Topic: Parallel port help  (Read 7472 times)

Re: Parallel port help
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »
internet and anitvirus, two things not to have on your mach3 computer.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »
Stirling--- The first thing I do when I connect a PC to the internet is install antivirus software.
Actually you should install the anti-virus BEFORE you connect  8) - Sorry - couldn't resist it.

But as angel tech said. Anti-virus + net + Mach =  :'(

Ian
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 12:07:12 PM »
I only connect to internet to download mach3. After that it is in the workshop with no connection. Do0n't know how to put emoticons on here, but would have put a smile re. Stirlings comment. He is of course quite correct.
So would you recommend that I start again with a fresh installation of XP and install Mach3 from a memory stick? That would leave out the internet and anti-virus. Having said that, I had them on the old PC with no ill effect.

Gareth
Gareth
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »
it's probably the pc, i setup mach on pc's quite often and i have a few pc's here that just don't like mach.

PS. i must get round to trying them with a pci card.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »
I only connect to internet to download mach3. After that it is in the workshop with no connection. Do0n't know how to put emoticons on here, but would have put a smile re. Stirlings comment. He is of course quite correct.
So would you recommend that I start again with a fresh installation of XP and install Mach3 from a memory stick? That would leave out the internet and anti-virus. Having said that, I had them on the old PC with no ill effect.

Gareth
Hi Gareth - glad you took it the way it was meant  :) (emoticons are available if you use the reply button at the bottom of the posts rather than using "quick reply")

It MAY be that even if your PC is physically disconnected the "net" and antivirus software are still running though I may have mis-understood you. Then again it may be nothing to do with it. BUT I guess it's a reasonable part of the process of ilimination.

Ian
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:30 PM »
Well I've just done another fresh install of XP ad loaded Mach3 from a USB meory stick. So now there is no anti-virus, or internet on the machine;---just Mach3. The same problem persists. I'll get a prallel port card tomorrow and letyou know how I get on.
Thanks for your suggestions,

Gareth
Gareth
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 05:51:17 AM »
 ;D Solved it !!!!
The solution was to follow the optimisation guide (as suggested by Hood in his 1st reply). Previosly I had tried to disableACPI in the bios and the PC would not boot. This time I followed the guide and disabled it in Windows. Setting the machine as a standard PC has solved the problem. The driver test no reports "excellent" for the whole of its run time.

Thanks for all your help on here.

Best regards,

Gareth
Gareth