Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:41:07 AM

Author Topic: Motors cross talk on COMPAQ Laptop Win 7  (Read 2868 times)

Motors cross talk on COMPAQ Laptop Win 7
« on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
I,ve been going nuts for a couple days - trying to get SS to run with my COMPAQ laptop with win7 PRO  ( and Gechos)
The 2 Motors latch to each other. One drives both etc.  Even with one of the motors not enabled it drives both.  I slowed them down and set  long accel/dec and they would sinc with the gechos, but never run independently,???
I loaded the latest Mach3 and SS on one of my XP's and they worked perfectly.
So is it Win7, or the Laptop.--I tried many grounding methods.

Where to start would be greatly appreciated

Jack   :'(
Re: Motors cross talk on COMPAQ Laptop Win 7
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
More info on laptop win7 and SS.  Tried another laptop-same results-this time I disconnected one motor and removed mach3 actions pins etc.
I also lowered the speed and accel/dec.  could get the motor to sink with gechos and it would run fine in one direction, but screwed up (ran errratic- jumps and lurches) in the other direction???  any one got any hepl here.  Both motors do the same, when run by themselves.  When both hooked up one drives both in one direction.  On 2 different laptops with win7 etc.  Of course it runs great on XP with SS. >:(
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »
 :)
good news
I tried grounding the SS board every way I knew - No success tried lots of grounds, but for fun I grounded the laptop to the metal mount of the parallel connector coming from the SS.

Wow !!! It worked, on both laptops-- No crazy motor stuff.

Any way thanks all for your thoughts

Jack

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »
Thanks for reporting back with your findings.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."