Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 06:28:59 AM

Author Topic: Pressing reset sets machine coords to zero  (Read 5573 times)

Re: Pressing reset sets machine coords to zero
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 11:37:48 AM »
Are you not using a KFLOP? Your post on CNC Zone was in the Dynomotion forum.

Yes, I am using KFLOP.

A standard Mach3 install will not change any coordinates when hitting E-Stop.

And thats what I really wanted to know. I guess I should have asked the question a little differently so it included the fact that I am using the KFLOP.

Dennis
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 11:54:51 AM »
Yes, I would typically agree that is a very pertinent piece of information. I was approaching the question from more of a using Mach3 only perspective.
Dennis

Bad idea....  I believe in the KFlop plug-in settings there is a checkbox to enable re-running your Init.c whenever E-Stop is activated.  Un-check that.

Regards,
Ray L.

At first I thought that enabling the motors without clearing the position error would cause an unsafe condition by releasing any wind-up as soon as the motor was enabled. But, I'm currently running open loop. So since there's no position feedback, is it a true statement that wind-up can't exist and therefor I shouldn't have to worry about the system trying to recover position rapidly when the motor is enabled?
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
It's really not clear what you're hoping to accomplish here.  The minute you hit E-Stop, all bets are off as far as machine position, unless the machine is fully stopped.  Whether you're running steppers or servos, open or closed loop, hitting E-Stop, or even Stop, on a machine in motion almost guarantees loss of position.  If you want to NOT lose position, use FeedHold.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »
What I was trying to accomplish here was to find out does Mach3 itself, not the init program tied to the Reset button, reset the machine cords to zero when the reset button is pressed. The answer I've gotten is no.

The main reason I asked my original question like I did, not including the KFLOP, is because of the issues I've been having with the KFLOP and the slight possibility of temporarily replacing the KFLOP to get my machine running so I can cut orders.

Now that the KFLOP has been introduced to the conversation and the suggestion was made to un-check the run init every time the Reset button's pressed; I wanted to clarify the functionality of an open loop system in regards to wind-up. 

Can there be wind-up since there's no position feedback? I would think no.

Thanks for the help,

Dennis