Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:28:10 PM

Author Topic: Version R2.0.030 and Z plate problem  (Read 8594 times)

Offline GaryB

•  108 108
    • View Profile
Re: Version R2.0.030 and Z plate problem
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »
thanks Brian and of course Art.
will update with the revision. Sent you a photo of  todays finish cut, also hope to have some video to send showing how bad it is without jerk control
Gary
Beckwith Decor Products
ArtCam Trainer
Onsrud & Custom CNC tooling Distributor

Wichita/Derby Kansas
http://www.beckwithdecor.com
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 11:05:08 PM »
You could do a test with the jerk on that file :) You will need to set your max accel so high that it will just about not jog :) Or you have to jog at a slower speed. Jim did this and said that it was cutting 3d better then ever. We are working on nurbs  to blend the moves to keep the velocity up but that is only at the point that we are thinking about it ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
Thanks Brian,

The ProbeVar and the revised revision works much better.  Thanks for the probe var tip, I've looked through the wiki from one end to the other, but missed that.  I had to do a search to dig it out.  Guess I just wasn't looking hard or long enough to find it.   ;)

I knew that the problem of the variance with my plate thickness was a slight overrun of the Z axis (you could feel it), but didn't know of a better way to do it than to adjust my plate thickness and keep the feedrate the same each time.

I'm thinking that many of the Ascension/ShopBot conversions are running a Z-zero routine similar to Gary's or mine and it would be a good idea for anyone that is to revise their macro.  I changed mine from the one that Gary is using because I didn't like the G92 offsetting and changing my work coodinates each time I zeroed and since I use a variation of the same file with a touch off for X & Y fixture location, the G92 really messed things up.  The variance between plate thickness and the position was a problem then too.

Happy New year all!

Scott
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »
So you telling me that we need to com up with a better macro :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 12:40:27 AM »
?? Umm....no.  It works fine now.  If anything, it still sets it a little tight, but I can deal with that. 

The first release of Mach3 R2.0.030 really messed with though!  ;)
Scott