Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:00:23 AM

Author Topic: New computer = weird problems  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New computer = weird problems
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 02:12:20 PM »
Best way would be a scope if you had one. Is there any way you can connect the LED to the parallel port side of the BOB, that would let you see if the BOB is passing the signal correctly.
Hood

Offline rbjem

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 03:24:43 PM »
Best way would be a scope if you had one. Is there any way you can connect the LED to the parallel port side of the BOB, that would let you see if the BOB is passing the signal correctly.
Hood

I was thinking a scope would be quite nice as well...   
As far as testing the bob parallel output, I just unplugeed the cable from the pc, and turned on the control box to test with an led on the homeswitch pin (pin11) and the other end to ground.  However, when I turn on the power, the motors start going crazy.   So, I am guessing I need to test the pins while its plugged into the computer which makes it kind of difficult to access the pins. 

Is there another way to test this? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »
Can you either unplug the motors or the power to the drives and test? Just dont unplug the motors with the power to the drives or you may damage the drives.
Hood

Offline rbjem

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »
I got it fixed!!!!

The problem was i did not copy the plugin required by my BOB back into my new install directory, which made it run goofy.  A ton of hassle and testing just to find the super simple solution, but isnt that how it always goes? Its what I get for not re-reading the BOB manual...

Thanks for all your help Hood. 
rbjem

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »
Good you got it :)