Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:06:18 PM

Author Topic: Motor tuning edit  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Motor tuning edit
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »
Hi,when I first set up my machine and greener,I was doing 'motor tuning' with the help of someone walking me through the 'unknown' over the phone.For 'maximum pulse width' I used some form of text editor to change the number(when I just change the number in the 'motor tuning' window,it does not 'save').Can anyone tell me how to do this edit?
Also I recall him commenting that  we had to increase the pulse (14usecs) and he was suprised how high we needed to go although he didn't start any lower than 10 usecs ; now this is a small desktop Sherline using their driver,so I suppose the minimum required pulse, as applies to more expensive setups must be from a cost standpoint, more negotiable.But as I read the Sherline literature they say the minimum pulse is 22usec!?Comments?-Thanks,Keith

Art

Re: Motor tuning edit
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 11:14:53 AM »
Hi Keith:

If your using a sherline, ignore the pulse width, just select "sherline mode" in the ports & pins, it will make all the pulses 40us..

Art

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Re: Motor tuning edit
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 11:45:59 AM »
Thanks Art.I must not have that option in the 5.6 of Mach2.Note to self: update-Keith