Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:30 PM

Author Topic: Z home goes past 0.0 to +1.0  (Read 20591 times)

Offline ttm

•  40 40
  • Learning my first CNC router plasma setup
    • View Profile
Re: Z home goes past 0.0 to +1.0
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
HIYA TOM, IF you loaded the correct plugin/screenset from the CANDCNC install program THEN you should have all the correct settings to make it work. The only thing that needs setup is the SLAVE axis for the long axis. And then it should be to select the DIRECTION of movement.

The XML that comes with the install is correct for MOST applications and covers all the assesories inputs such as limits, home,etc for the standard setup of a machine.  

IOWS it has the correct pin setup for the serial and parellel ports to and from the pc to the mp3000 and to mach, I'm missing something then, a lot!
When I get back to the shop I will make a copy of the setup we use.

I sent you a pm , hope you do not mind, it is long (don't run ok)

here is a link to a folder on  picasweb , still ahte to just start posting pics

http://tinyurl.com/ttmscandcnc

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2012, 07:20:28 AM »
I um'ed and ah'ed before deciding not to delete the above tinyurl - we're all grown ups right and can make our own decisions. However, if you don't know what tinyurl is then before you click on it you may want to familiarize yourself with the potential risks. This is in no way any suggestion of mal-practice on ttm's part. I'm happy to accept that it re-directs to where he says it does. I do ask myself though why use tinyurl rather than post here?

Offline ttm

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »
I um'ed and ah'ed before deciding not to delete the above tinyurl - we're all grown ups right and can make our own decisions. However, if you don't know what tinyurl is then before you click on it you may want to familiarize yourself with the potential risks. This is in no way any suggestion of mal-practice on ttm's part. I'm happy to accept that it re-directs to where he says it does. I do ask myself though why use tinyurl rather than post here?

well, it wasn't about using tinyurl instead of posting here, I was just trying to be considerate and not post a bunch of pics to this website that only references my setup, instead posting them to a picsaweb folder I created,  It is pretty common on other forums to use a link to pictures hosted elsewhere to save hard driove space for that forum,  I only used tiny url to make it a simple link, I have never has a problem with tinyurl, I could instead posted the link to save some basically wasted space on the forum,
the only reason i posted them to picsaweb was because to put them on my page, i would had to have created a web page just for them as my hosting sevice does not allow driectory browsing, and photobucket is so darn slow these days

sorry if i was not supposed to use tinyurl, you can delete the post.  if possible, or i can edit it and remove the tinyurl

Let me add, that if it had been something that would be good for other new users or just one or two, i would had posted directly into the message about it, but there were a bunch of them

thanks
Tom

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:15:28 AM by ttm »

Offline ttm

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »

actually I just tried to modify the post remove the tiny url link and just put a direct link (full web address), and it is too late, I can not modify now, so if you would delete that post, I would appreciate it

I will admit i did not read the forum rules fully, I know i am not going to do anything stupid, never once thought about posting a tinyurl, sorry!

Thanks!

tom

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2012, 09:06:55 AM »
Tom - please don't worry about it. I'm not aware of any rule that says you can't use tinyurl here. I just felt that an awareness of the potential risks should be pointed out to anyone who doesn't know what tinyurl actually does. Remember there's straight visible linking and there's invisible re-directing which is tinyurl's purpose. My apologies if I've offended you - that wasn't my intention. Just trying to help keep this a safe place.

Ian

Offline ttm

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2012, 09:31:51 AM »
Tom - please don't worry about it. I'm not aware of any rule that says you can't use tinyurl here. I just felt that an awareness of the potential risks should be pointed out to anyone who doesn't know what tinyurl actually does. Remember there's straight visible linking and there's invisible re-directing which is tinyurl's purpose. My apologies if I've offended you - that wasn't my intention. Just trying to help keep this a safe place.

Ian

oh no, you didn't offend me at all, I understand what you are saying, and really did not think about posting a link like that, I have only used tinyurl for places like this and a few emails, but I know who I am sending them to, ad they do me as well,

I've run into a whole new ball game with this now,  to top off finding a burnt up th sensor card, something fell from the z-axis that looks like a small bearing cage, I'll be taking that apart later today when I saw that, I looked at the bottom  and you can see where it had been slammed against the stop actually bending the bolts that hold the 1/2 thick plate on.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:40:12 AM by ttm »

Offline ttm

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Update on progress~
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 07:11:32 AM »
Back from Texas, the folks a CandCNC are really nice, it was a pleasure meeting them.  I have the table partially finished now, I have my home switches installed and a z axis limit switch to keep it from damaging the head again, and they work! z axis hits a limit, it stops the machine, click reset and override limit and you can manually back it off the limit, if you click go home, the gantry goes - to home switch x and y then backs up +.500, i will tune that in closer as this table does not have a full 8 ft of cutting travel for y axis,  ok it does, but the torch head has to be past the slats to get that length

anyhow I'm pretty happy about this! I have some ways to go yet in setup and have run into another couple issues trying to cut a file, but I think it is for another post

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone as every bit of information posted here and private messages has helped me in more ways than you can imagine!

TOm