Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:07 PM

Author Topic: OEM Code Function  (Read 11263 times)

OEM Code Function
« on: May 19, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
Hello World,
I have recently changed over to a standard 1024.set from the OEM's original screen set.  The Edit G-code button is wired to OEM Code Function 115 in the standard 1024.set but still brings up the previous version's function, which redirects to an option box with several choices.  I want to go directly to edit the file in Notepad.  Where do these functions reside, so that I can edit out the redirection?
Thanks
Re: OEM Code Function
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:23:19 PM »
Hello,
I assume you are using MachScreen. Could it be, MachScreen is set in multiple selection mode? If so click the button line to select the button, or change to single selection mode by hitting the second icon from the right in the toolbar. Once the button is selected you can set the Function code in the property dialog box. In order to load the changed set file in Mach3 you have to save your screen in MachScreen.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »
I'm using Screen4, accessing the button and setting it's function code is straight forward, I can do that.  The problem is that the OEM function code 115 takes me to a redirect, rather than directly to Notepad to edit the file.  How do I edit the function called by this code so I can take the redirection part out of it?
Thanks so much for your help.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:08:31 PM »
In General Config, is your G-code editor set to use Notepad? If the button is set to use OEM Code 115, then Notepad should open. I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
Thanks Gerry, that was it.  I was trying to make it too difficult.