Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:30:40 PM

Author Topic: Lathe Screenset  (Read 3576 times)

Hood

Lathe Screenset
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
I am going to be starting on my Lathe retro when I get the parts I need and I want to make up a screenset similar to the one I have for my mill. I have never used a CNC lathe before and looking at the lathe screensets available they are quite a bit different from the mill layout, so I am looking for opinions on what layouts you guys think is best. Is there a reason for the lathe screenset being so different from the mill? What buttons, DROs etc do you think should be on the main screen? Do you always have seperate reference (home) buttons for a lathe or can they be like the reference button in mill (does all axis one after the other)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hood

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: Lathe Screenset
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 11:57:56 PM »
I like the Mach Silverblue screen myself, one of the series that Mr Beano and company made about 8 months ago. No bugs in it that I have found, very pleasant to use. I would like the cycle start button to be larger as I use a touchscreen, but that's about it. Now if Mach just had a DXF roughing cycle, or some kind of profile roughing cycle like the mill software has, it would have everything! I can't get the one touch reference button to work for some reason, I just do the two referencing processes seperately. Hard for me to compare any of Mach's mill features as I have never used it, only the lathe setup.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 12:09:05 AM »
A picture is worth a thousand words. ;D
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »
Thanks guys.
Been looking at the screens and I can kind of see the way they work might be best, will play with the lathe a while and then I will probably make a screen to suit the way I work.
Hood