Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:21:31 PM

Author Topic: Finding 'Sherline'  (Read 5520 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Finding 'Sherline'
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:22:41 AM »
Hi I smoothly and successfully updated Mach2 to 6.11,however Art said :"If your using a sherline, ignore the pulse width, just select "sherline mode" in the ports & pins, it will make all the pulses 40us..
I can't for the life of me find this 'select' in ports & pins...or anywhere else for that matter. Hint?-Keith

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Re: Finding 'Sherline'
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 03:03:15 PM »
Also,I tried manually 'upping' the pulse in the motor tuning window and if I put anything above 20(us) in it just defaults to 20 after I close and re-open to inspect.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 04:54:37 AM »
On the first page of the ports and pins there is a check box. This should help :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 04:57:53 AM by Barker806 »
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »
Hmmm...it's not there in the 6.11 version I downloaded.There is a USB 'box' that's not on the 'screen' you showed.Do you know the 'text edit' to accomplish this?Is there a 'maximum default' that disallows making that number higher in the 'motor tuning window'?-Keith

Art

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »
Hi Keith:

Sorry about that, the sherline mode is Mach3 only. You might want to consider updating to MAch3.. ITs much better than 6.11 anyway. Verison 1,84 is very stable and is getting rave reviews form almost everyone.. Solves
dozens of problems for Mach2 users for most. (Bit of a pain to setup, but the pain is worth it..)

Art

(There is no way to increase beyond 20 except by sherline mode, more than 20 will lock up your computer hard...)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 09:54:17 AM »
I was getting that feeling ,Art(that it was in Mach3).Dare I do another upgrade in two days?(I'm a bit concerned also because I never figured out why my computer won't defrag after I did the 'optimization)I don't suppose Mach3 takes all the parameters from Mach2's .XML files...nah

Art

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 10:44:42 AM »
Sorry, No. It doesnt...

Bit O pain..

What do you mean it wont defrag? On command? (Mine never defrags, I use dual raids..)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
I dedicated this computer to my cnc.It was brand new running 'xp home'. Defrag'd it several times,but when I did some of the suggested 'optimization',which made things really sweet for Mach2,I tried to defrag with both :system tools/defrag and with: mycomputer/disk/right click/defrag and the 'defrag' window comes up but when I click 'defrag' it just 'winks' but 'drive analysis' does not show in the window (the colored lines signifying what type of data is where)and no defrag'ging.Nothing happens.-Keith