Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:26:09 AM

Author Topic: Diagnostics screen  (Read 2436 times)

Diagnostics screen
« on: January 03, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »
Hello,
This is only my second post, I am completely new to MACH software. Just a quick question? I have just begun testing my limits and I was wondering if anyone could clear up some confusion.
There is a group of 24 black squares that turn to green that are to show when I touch my limits are closed or open. Can anyone clarify the order or the layout of these LED's?
For example: and I am I'm sorry I don't know the exact order or position on the top row of LED's that light up, I am not able to look at them at the moment, but anyway starting from left to right on the top row are these LED's directly tied to the 25 pin serial plug on the BOB, and if they are what is the numbering order of the pins ? I am asking because I have my estop wired to pin 10, and my limits wired to 11, 12, & 13. and they do change the state of the LED's when the switches change state, but the position of the LED's does not seem to be consistant with the pin number?
Sorry for newbie questions, I cannot find documentation for the LED's on the MACH diagnostic sceen??

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Diagnostics screen
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:20 AM »
Hi dp4027

I believe they're supposed to represent the (physical) parallel port pins but they've never worked properly for me. They appear (on my system) to only respond to inputs i.e. not outputs and they're not (to me at least) in any sort of logical order.

Personally I ignore them and concentrate on the (logical) "Input signals current state" and "Output signals current state" banks of LEDS just below them.
Re: Diagnostics screen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I will look closer at the LED's below the rows of squares and see if they change state, I am surprised that I wouldn't have seen them already? I was expecting to see them light as they did in one of the video's?