Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:01:19 AM

Author Topic: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big  (Read 30115 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »
I have been following this thread and will continue till we get her fixed.
It is really weird because if the sensor was not working correctly you would not get a correct rpm read out
or it would be erratic and varing in rpm in the readout. So i like you and Hood are probably trying to pinpoint is it software, electronics,
or computer related at the port. If we just start throwing out suggestions you'll end up loosing the hair on the upper lip.... ;)

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
The thread starts  at Z=0 so I'm giving the Z axis some travel time to reach proper feedrate ( 6x.050 lead= .3 could be less as the general rule is 3 to 5x lead ). Actualy the X should be positioned at the stock OD so you don't get that combination move from x=0.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »
Testing the index pulse:
A few  things I would try...
1. Do the triggering test page 9 of Threading on The Lathe writeup which can be found in Members Docs. You will see the index turn on and off
    and that would say that Mach is sensing the index.
2. You can play with the distance the hall sensor is away from the magnet. maybe a little closer may help....again if it's reading rpm you would
    think it wouldn't matter.
3. Set the spindle rpm for something slow like 50 rpm ( if you have a VFD can you set it manualy?) , then with the psindle running and the
   diagnostics screen open you should see the index LED blinking on and off. If it works for that then increase the rpm and see if it still blinks.

4.If the above works than use the wizard to generate code but use a very slow rpm ( rather than the 400 spindle rpm use maybe 50 ) as that
   would provide a longer time for sensor and Mach to respond. All you need is to have the spindle turning and the drives can be disengaged
   if you can / want to do that. Monitor the diagnostics screen and watch the LED's change from threading , waite for thrigger, and the index.

If the above works then would seem that the software is behaving correctly relative to the sensor and at different spindle rpm.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »
Woffler, can you post your xml file?
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2012, 02:21:10 AM »
Rich you have -0.3 for the Z Start, I think thats what Woffler was asking about as z0.3 would be expected more, maybe its a typo?

The situation of no threading just sounds like there is no licence file loaded yet there is. Wonder if such a thing could happen with a corrupt licence?
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 05:59:48 AM »
Could be Hood and didn't think of the license file. Maybe try Mach with it removed from the directory and then put it back in .
Another thing to try would be to create a new xml file as i have had one of them get corrupted once ( couldn't get the axis to move). 
Copy the xml from the original download, rename it, then change the settings and save. Easily done and worth a try.

RICH
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2012, 09:27:10 AM »
I will try that later today ,i have  to go out of town till this afternoon and will give that a try as soon as i return ,with out a license does it exclusively just cut out threading or would it cut out the turning  wizard , because the turning wizard code will run.  I will do it and try to eliminate the possability of a bad file ,i also have the new sensor that is a gear tooth need's no magnet can sense a metal gear tooth  , used one on my mill works great from 0 to 10,000 rpm they are used for gear sensing on industrial equipment. I had one other thought while i was sleeping (yes i am dreaming about the stupid thing!!) maybe more than one trigger say four and see what happens?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »
Timing no longer works in Mach so you can not use that, Index is the only one you can use.

Yes most functions work without the licence, limitations are
No Threading
100 (or maybe 150) lines of code limit in Turn
No Run From Here.

May be a few others but think thats about it.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
Just been talking to Brian, he said to delete all your plugins and see if that helps, you could rename the plugin folder rather than delete if you wished. You will need to restart Mach after you have done that if it was open at the time.
Hood
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
Thanks Hood ,i just got back took longer than expected,my new sensor and break out board where here when i got home .
 Ya, i do not want to delete all my plugins i have Mach Std Mill with tool setups tool changer locations and everything for the mill.  So i will rename the folder and move it and delete everything .I to have wondered about mach std. mill causing a problem but since it had nothing to do with Lathe i could not see him messing around in there.