Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 08:32:14 PM

Author Topic: pokeys 56e need help  (Read 4085 times)

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
pokeys 56e need help
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:18:12 AM »
hello this is going to be a long post i may get typers cramp. anyhow i purchased a pokeys 56e downloaded microsoft .net framwork and installed everything was going well using the pokeys software communicated and tested outputs inputs ect now onto mach i installed the pokeys 56 plugin from the pokeys web site there is no documentation so i am not sure what the plug in is doing ? does it only config pins on pokeys device or does it link pokeys to mach ie ports and pins ? one thing i found out about the plug in is if you have the pokeys software running the plugin will not see the pokeys board from within mach. next i got tcp modbus working what exactly should be checked under ports and pins modbus input output support i have this checked now. modbus plugin supported i dont have this checked. tcp modbus support i have this checked. next i am able to get into setup tcp modbus and test i have the pokeys board plugged into a cnc4pc mother board with a cnc4pc m24 output board i have a bigger setup than this however i disconnected everthing else for ease of testing. now when i tested tcp modbus i was able to write 1 or 0 to pokeys and my outputs activated great i thought a little more experimentation and i would be set wrong i have not been able to get mach to talk to pokeys i did some reading and video watching tried different brains and configurations in ports and pins. so here is what i am not sure of ports and pins port 0 i supposed to be modbus i set port 0 ands just about every number i could thing to plug in to outputs and enables nothing has anybody got port 0 to work for them that is what i would really like to do. on the other hand you do what you have to so i proceded to write a few simple brains with modbus outputs this should have sent the signal to pokeys and my output board this didnt work either any help will be appreciated thank you  :)

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: pokeys 56e need help
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »
hi update for whoever reads this i finally had an apifany the cfg is the key number and the adress from there always starts with 0 so if i set up cft 2 with 2 inputs when adressing this from brain will be cfg 2 modbus adress 0 and 1 consectutively. however i can only get this to work on one computer and not the one that is going to be running the machine so i have decided to stop banging my head against the wall and go to a pokeys 56 usb so i can use port 10 and make my setup easier, having said that i think with a future plugin the 56 e will be a good board but not right now hope this helps

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: pokeys 56e need help
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:39:30 AM »
I thnk you need a PoKeys56U board and 3 additional large buttons connected to it. Then, map these buttons to 'Shift', '.' and ','.
When you are done, please try to ask the question again using these buttons.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope