Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:30:52 AM

Author Topic: mach 3/techno cnc  (Read 3925 times)

mach 3/techno cnc
« on: July 11, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
Hello,
  I am new to this forum hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.  We recently dug out the older Techno isel cnc router that was sitting in the corner of our shop.  I dont know a whole about this so bare with me.  We are attempting to upgrade the controlling computer of this machine and run it off Mach 3.  We installed mach3 hooked everything up and have no communication with the router.  Has anybody attempted this or completed this?  Will this even work or do i have to reengineer the wheel a little bit?  any info would be greatly appreciated! 

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3/techno cnc
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:26:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum malco.

Mach3 will run almost any type of machine, the real question is how much of
a retrofit is required...  ;-)

Chapter 4 of the "Mach3Mill Install and Config Guide" discusses the hardware
used in a typical Mach3-controlled machine.  I would recommend reading
through that and then looking at the hardware your machine has and trying to
determine how much of a retrofit (if any) would be required.

http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
Hi Malco55,
If your router is running servos then there is a very good chance that the servo drives are analog input. If they are steppers then you would need to make sure that the controller is capable of taking step and direction inputs from Mach3.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »
Hi Malco55,

I don't know if will help you much, but I have a 20 year old Techno Isel gantry router that originally had steppers with the Techno MAC200SD controller. About 10 years ago, I replaced the Techno motors and controller/drivers with a Campbell breakout board and Gecko drives and motors. It has performed flawlessly ever since...

I'd be glad to provide more details if it would be of use to you.

Cheers,

SF