Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:43:53 AM

Author Topic: What is this relay? See attached image and what is the "charge pump" cct for?  (Read 3052 times)

Hello Everyone,
Ive been diagnosing a problem with my machine. Last week a PC power supply went BANG!! and it took something else out along with itself when this happened. Since that time, I have not been able to get the various relays to engage in order for the machine to run.. this where my problem lay.

I have a campbell B/O board. I am not sure if it is functioning as it should. I have been able to trigger all the relays.. So I suspect that its intact. Im missing somethng and I just cant put my finger on it...

Firstly, what exactly is a charge pump and how it is usually incorporated into a safety cct? IE Estop cct?

Secondly, As I was investigating the various relays and their functions, I found one on top of the Z axis servo, situated between the motor case and the encoder.. It is a 24 vDC relay and I am not sure of its purpose.. does this sound like a typical placement for a relay? what would its purpose be?  Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

JR.
Hello Everyone,
Ive been diagnosing a problem with my machine. Last week a PC power supply went BANG!! and it took something else out along with itself when this happened. Since that time, I have not been able to get the various relays to engage in order for the machine to run.. this where my problem lay.

I have a campbell B/O board. I am not sure if it is functioning as it should. I have been able to trigger all the relays.. So I suspect that its intact. Im missing somethng and I just cant put my finger on it...

Firstly, what exactly is a charge pump and how it is usually incorporated into a safety cct? IE Estop cct?
Please refer to the attached images... Is there anyone out there that might hazard a guess as to what the cheesy cct that ive attached would be? It is powered by 5 v dc from PC Pwr supply
There is a 5 v relay and the three IC are 4N25's. The three transistors are FET's 2n7000's and thi scct is for some sort of optoisolation. It is hooked up in part with the servo drives. (rutex 2010's x 3)

Secondly, As I was investigating the various relays and their functions, I found one on top of the Z axis servo, situated between the motor case and the encoder.. It is a 24 vDC relay and I am not sure of its purpose.. does this sound like a typical placement for a relay? what would its purpose be?  Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

JR.

The only thing I can think of is a brake, especially if it only has two wires as shown?
Nosmo.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
These are things you need to be asking the Manf of the machine.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Brake it is... I'd love to have a schematic of how this all fits together... Contacted Magmotor. waiting.

Thanks Guys!

JR.

Now what about that cheesy CCT. BRD. ??