Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:54:49 PM

Author Topic: need help with settings to carve letter in DESK ENGRAVE  (Read 6427 times)

need help with settings to carve letter in DESK ENGRAVE
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:14:20 PM »
Hello, I am new to CNC and have my machine set up and I did cut a few sample projects but those were given to me ,ready to cut.
I downloaded a small program called "DeskEngrave" which is used to convert text to g-code or a dxf file. The problem is that I don't know what settings to put in.  Here is what is listed, ORIGIN X             WIDTH                 ANGLE

ORIGIN Y             HEIGHT                RADIUS

If someone can show me how the settings should be to cut one letter then I would have a better understanding of it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank You
John

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: need help with settings to carve letter in DESK ENGRAVE
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 06:17:59 AM »
John,
CLick on the HELP tab and have a read.
RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:57:40 AM »
Hello Rich, I did read the help section. Maybe I didn't explain my question clearly.. What I  want to know is what type of measurement needs to be put in? Are they looking for a numeric number. decimal, fraction etc.. Also, what is an Origin and Angle measurement?

John

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »
You input numbers (decimals) that are your unit of movement (metric or imperial)

Origin is where you want to refrence your START for engraving to. You will notice that there is a selection for left,center,right. That puts the Gcode in relation to the point of origin you selected.

Angle is the angle of rotation for a line that is ARCed.

You can play with the settings and just see have it displays.

Also if you are going to convert straight to Gcode you need to fill out the PARAMETRS from the pull down menu. This sets up the Gcode base on HOW you want it to cut on YOUR machine.

Hope that helps, (;-) TP