Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 06:17:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 not Doing what GCode says?  (Read 10213 times)

Re: Mach3 not Doing what GCode says?
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:32:18 AM »
its definitely capable of faster, i just assumed that being a hotwire cutter, it won't physically be able to cut faster than that, but the machine itself is capable of faster speeds. Could its velocity being set low have to do with it running poorly during a code but jogging smoothly?
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 06:40:09 AM »
well i've been messing around with a lot of stuff and its gotten a little better...my feed was set at 6.7 and after upping that alot it seemed to run a little better. I think i might have to tweak the acceleration or something because it will go from sounding pretty rough to smooth and back to rough again...it seems to be smoothest going around arcs/circles and then when i have a straight line/diagnal line it runs kind of cruddy again. Any pointers? I'm slowly learning! :)
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 08:25:08 AM »
Heres a video (low quality phone video), you can here it smooth out/speed up going through the sharper curves and then get rough again....

edit: still working on embedding the video..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:31:50 AM by kyle_vk »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
You need to tune the velocity to the maximum reliable speed it will move along with the fastest acceleration with out skipping steps,  then the cutting speed is controlled with the F command in the g-code.

This way you have maximum rapid moves with the smoothest feed moves as the acceleration is not ramping up and down between moves.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 12:08:44 PM »
is this tested by jogging or do i have to change the velocity/acceleration then run the code and repeat? Because it jogs smooth and fluid...