Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:16:52 PM

Author Topic: E stop mode on Shoptask  (Read 2846 times)

E stop mode on Shoptask
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:22:01 PM »
I had an old manual shoptask machine that has been great for 15 years. upgraded to the new shoptask mill turn and have yet to get it running like it should. I can power it all up and start up mach 3. everything is working but when I go from millprogram to turnprogram I get a red power fault light and also if I am in mill mode and just want to manually move axis I turn off stepper switch and this also throws it into Emode and power fault light comes on. it will not come out for anything till I shut down all power and let it sit. I tried hitting estop resetting everything but nothing will work except to power it all down and let it sit. this is a major issue cause I cannot set my fixture offsets without manual mode! we chacked all the switches and they are working.
Re: E stop mode on Shoptask
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:17:19 PM »
Hi,
its a very nice looking unit.

Have you asked the supplier/manufacturer whats going on?

I suspect that red light can come on for a number of reasons. For instance it seems to recognize that you have turned off the power to the steppers and throws a fault.
It seems also from your description that when switching the VFD from the lathe spindle to the mill spindle its throwing a fault, it seem most likely its the VFD in that case.
If indeed its the VFD responsible for this fault then I would not expect you to be able to reset it by fiddling with Machs Estop.

I think I would be asking if there is a list of conditions that would cause the fault light to come on.

The manual I saw on-line does not provide anything like the detail to guess as to how its wired and what different faults are or how they're handled.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:28:01 PM »
yeah it sucks cause the manual is not very good. the people at shoptask told me to ask in forums for help! it had multiple issues when I fired it up. got them all worked out except for this. I am ready to blow a gasket as I bought this machine cause the old manual version of it has been flawless for 15 years. I have worked on CNC machines long time ago but they are much different now compared to the old DC motors and such. I was hoping there was a setting somewhere that was missed in the mach 3 I am not familiar with!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 12:18:39 AM »
Hi,

I am ready to blow a gasket as I bought this machine cause the old manual version of it has been flawless for 15 years.

That is common if you are just setting out with CNC, get used to it. I live in New Zealand, about 8000 nautical miles from you and I cant hear you shouting, YET!
When I can I'll know that you are really struggling.

How about asking for a detailed wiring diagram? You might remind them that they sold this machine and if it doesn't work as they advertised it would that you'll take them to court and
get your money back. That usually makes them sit up an start to take the problem seriously.

Can you open the covers and take some pics of the G540 and in particular the parallel input cord that goes back to...where...is it another board or direct to the PC. What is the PC?
Is it a parallel port output or what?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 12:40:45 AM »
finally got it working. the people at shoptask came threw. it was the charge pump switch causing all the havoc!