Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:03:29 AM

Author Topic: New Table  (Read 2155 times)

New Table
« on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »
I have a couple of problems setting up a router table and was wondering if someone could lend a hand.
   First, I am having a problem with the homing function. When the Home All is selected the Z and Y axis home and back off the switch correctly, but the X axis hits the switch and don’t back off. If you try and back it off manually, it brings in a limit switch alarm. Once it is reset, you can back it off the switch.
   The second problem is a jerky cut when cutting circles and ovals almost as if it is cutting short straight lines and stopping at the end of each one. On the general configuration page, I have the Motion Mode set for constant velocity, Distance Mode for Absolute and the IJ Mode for Absolute. None of the CV Control options are checked.
Not sure what other options would cause this. I tried manually imputing a G64 command in the file, but it didn’t change anything.
Thanks,
Richard

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New Table
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
First is likely a bad switch that is boucing so Mach sees it as the home, starts to back off then the switch closes and then opens again and thus Mach sees an E-Stop.

Second could be your code is made up of lots of short segments instead of arcs.

Hood