Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:23:19 AM

Author Topic: Power cut caused mach3 problems  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Power cut caused mach3 problems
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »
As long as the axis are going in the right direction then the settings dont really matter. Dir active state and Reversed setting in Homing and limits do exactly the same.
Home Negative may or may not be correct, just depends on where you want to home and that is assuming you actually have home switches. Normal would be to home negative on X and Y and positive on Z but it doesnt have to be. For example on my mills I want to home with the table fully away from the column so that is actually homing positive. The reason I want that is so that loading material is easier as it is closer to me and saves me having to jog after homing just to load material. One mill has the table moving negative for homing the other right, again doesnt make a differendce it is just one is easier to load one way than the other. I have a Home Off value entered for these machines so that machine coords conform to normal so in other words when I hiome the machine the axis are fully positive but because I have a home off value equal to the axis travel the Machine coords show I am at that distance away from machine zero.

Hood
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 04:11:35 PM »
Thanks Hood. Useful comments. I particularly like this bit:
"As long as the axis are going in the right direction then the settings dont really matter"

That's really what I wanted to hear!

Cheers
Richard

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
No probs :)
Hood