Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:13:01 AM

Author Topic: Help getting my machine running...  (Read 9551 times)

Re: Help getting my machine running...
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »
Your screen shot shows that your printer port is on 03BC not 03BM..... try both IO ranges in the ports and pins Both 03bc  if that doesnt work then try 03be

The clunk your getting is the stepper drives energizing.  All that means is that you are getting power to the motors from the drives.  It has nothing to do with the computer talking to the controller.

Hello everyone. Great forum you guys have here. I have been reading for a while up to today when I finished putting my machine together and got ready to get it running.

I downloaded Mach3 demo, added the XML file and ran the driver test. Then I followed some instructions and set up Mach3.

So far, no movement at all. First, I am running Mach3 on a laptop. Its an older IBM with a built in printer port. 1.7Ghz, 1GB ram with Windows XP.
My Controller is a TB-6560. Looks like some toshiba parts but made in China.

My printer port is 03BM so I changed that in Mach3. Now when I try jogging I hear a little "clunk" coming from the motor but no movement at all.
Also, the driver test completed all the way but said during the test that the pulse was too fast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:17:59 AM by fixittt »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
Hi Peter,

You can measure the voltage on the parallel port (Direction pins only) with a multimeter. Connect the meter between pin 3 and GND (which is pins 18 to 25) then jogging the X Axis in one direction will give approx 5 Volts and jogging in the opposite direction will give approx 0 Volts.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 01:55:58 PM »
Your screen shot shows that your printer port is on 03BC not 03BM..... try both IO ranges in the ports and pins Both 03bc  if that doesnt work then try 03be

The clunk your getting is the stepper drives energizing.  All that means is that you are getting power to the motors from the drives.  It has nothing to do with the computer talking to the controller.

Hello everyone. Great forum you guys have here. I have been reading for a while up to today when I finished putting my machine together and got ready to get it running.

I downloaded Mach3 demo, added the XML file and ran the driver test. Then I followed some instructions and set up Mach3.

So far, no movement at all. First, I am running Mach3 on a laptop. Its an older IBM with a built in printer port. 1.7Ghz, 1GB ram with Windows XP.
My Controller is a TB-6560. Looks like some toshiba parts but made in China.

My printer port is 03BM so I changed that in Mach3. Now when I try jogging I hear a little "clunk" coming from the motor but no movement at all.
Also, the driver test completed all the way but said during the test that the pulse was too fast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

So you're saying I should try different Ranges for the printer port?

Also, if the problem is my laptop what motion controller would you  guys suggest?

Thanks
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »
I guess the problem was the laptop.... I borrowed a PC and got it running. Unfortunately I don't have room so I may have to buy a SmoothStepper.
Do you guys think it will work fine with the laptop?
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »
it will work just fine, I have a smooth stepper running off of a netbook

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »
Personally I would hang off buying a SS for a wee while if you can. The new one should be out in the next month or so, it connects via Ethernet.
Hood
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »
But then I wont be able to use it at all until then....
Long wait!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 04:55:55 AM »
It looks like your port setting.  Hi

make sure your port details in mach 3 are in capitals.  I can not remember if this changes it but i think it does.  If not, try change your port settings in your bois to the default.   turn of any advanced power management, infact turn off anything you dont need.   
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
Motortunning ! Probably PulseWidth is 0(zero). Must be 1 to 15 microsecond.
Regards.
Rudolf