Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:59:51 PM

Author Topic: FeedHold restart errors on ARC  (Read 3517 times)

FeedHold restart errors on ARC
« on: December 21, 2006, 10:51:19 PM »
Art and Brian, thanks for fixing feedhold restart feed rate. That works great.

But, restarting on some ARCs after feedhold, strange things can sometimes happen. Feedhold twice and it goes crazy. Seems to loose its arc definition and starts on a very different path. ???

Pls see attached Gcode and feedhold anywhere on the outer arcs. It will not continue on the path as per the attached pictures.

Restart on the complex small arcs tooth profile then on my XP machine (driver not loaded), it is fine as attached.

But on my Win2k PC, connected to machine, it goes around in small circles after feedhold on the tooth profile (sorry, no picture).

CV or exact stop makes no difference nor does feedrate.

Hope this helps?

Richard.

Re: FeedHold restart errors on ARC
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 10:54:11 PM »
PS, version R2.0.029.

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:59:22 PM »
Yea feed hold can be funky. I think art was looking at this. I have snapped a $65 1/2 x 2" solid carbide end mill on my metal mill trying to resume a feed hold. It took off trying to cut 1.75 inches into alum at around 16 ipm, thank god it headed away from the part. It was with a grex and i figured it was just another grex hiccup. I guess it is a mach thing.   

Chad
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:39:46 PM »
The problem is a hard one to explane :( It has to do with looking at where you have been and where you are headed BUT without a road... Comp is NO fun (in the program that is)

Art is working on it and I have shown him this post

thanks
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 11:45:54 PM »
Thanks Brian and Chad (ouch - I'm sticking with plastic!)! I can imagine this is incredibly complex.

By the way, just to make things even more difficult, does the same things on a helix...

(Feedhold aside, MACH3 is just great now. I love it. Very stable now on my PC.)

Good luck!

Richard.